2001 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: I finally found a car, I can

2001 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

I finally found a car, I can trust !!
By Marge Jesberger on

2001 Subaru Outback AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My daughter wanted to buy my 2001 Subaru. I told her "over my dead body" and I meant it literally. I have had my share of unreliable transportation over the years, one car's transmission even gave up, when we were driving it out of a showroom. When we went looking for a new car (this car was a demo so it was practically new), my husband (who takes care of our finances) almost didn't buy it. The salesman wasn't ready to budge another 100 dollars off. If we would have walked away from this car, I would have been heart broken. It is now 2008 and I think it has been in the garage maybe 4 times. I can depend on it day after day to get me to work, shopping, wherever. I will never take it for granted.

The fold down seat in the back. I go to flea markets and I sell baskets at craft fairs, I can fit them all in. Keep doing what you are doing Subaru. I stop and ask people if they like their outbacks. So far, everyone raves about how many miles they have on them.