2000 Subaru Outback 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Comfortable, reliable value!

2000 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Comfortable, reliable value!
By sunnyedog on

2000 Subaru Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

I purchased this vehicle 7 years ago and drove the heck out of it. And just like the Eveready Bunny it keeps on going 170,000 miles later, always providing ample power and handling on road and off. I can fit a 36" dog crate in the rear cargo area. Paint has held up looking a clean and shiny as the day I bought it. Mechanically, appearance and comfort have always met or exceeded my expectations. I am about to trade in for a minivan (to increase cargo space). I will miss my Outback LTD Wagon, the quality and performance, comfort and it has always been reliable!

Favorite Features

Where do I start, great AWD from street to dirt road, heavily wet roads. Durable and attractive interior. Superb performance. I make use of all the LTD features! Safety. Great braking ability. I have been broadsided and the car protected me.

Suggested Improvements

On the 2000 model the rear bench doesn't split so that a portion of the rear seat could be folded flat. However the entire seat does fold flat.