2000 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: AWD Kicks!

2000 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Review

AWD Kicks!
By kalliday on

2000 Subaru Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

This car was an impulse buy and despite my research beforehand and then afterward, it has not been worth the money 10 times over. Check engine light is always on and off (catalytic converter), goes through a whole set of brakes and rotors in less than a year (and I am NOT driving like a maniac!), acceleration is crappy, alignment is never quite right, need I continue? Unfortunately for Subaru, this is my second and the last (I had a 1999 Forester before that which was great but no lumbar support).

I would go almost anywhere in the snow with this, and my daily commute is up and down a mountain as well as dirt roads and this car can do it no problem. Nice cloth interior, stands up to dog and general abuse very well.

Less expensive constant recurring problems. Mine has had all the recommended maintenances at a Subaru specialist and still the rear wiper motor burned out and I am on the 2nd hatchback door latch. Interior of the rear door fell out, all wiring is now exposed. (Chintzy plastic clips.)