Used 2000 Subaru Outback Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Brakes Suck !!!!!!
By Bart_Brakes

2000 Subaru Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

Take a look at the brake rotors of this car usually they are worse then rotten and is makes the car very unsecure. I have them replaced and can show the pictures

Lots of space

Please Subaru do something @ the brakes. For thos who don't beleive me I still have the old brakes

Roper Review
By maroper

2000 Subaru Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

We have had this vehicle for 30 months and it has never given us any trouble. I love to drive it. Has great pick up. You have to watch it or you find you are going faster than you realize. Had a problem with the speed sensor at 38,000 miles but the Power train warranty covered the total amount of repair. This has been a very dependable vehicle so far. Gets about 23 mpg. Would definitely buy it again.

one of the few vehicles with a tape player. Air tight. Quiet. Love the rubber mat that comes with vehicle that goes in the back behind the back seat.

The seat backs on the back seats partially block your back view out of the back windshield

get subaru !!!
By floricom

2000 Subaru Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

It is real plasure to own and drive Outback.You can`t go wrong with this choice. Sexiest wagon on the road !!!

Great Buy
By Scott A. Miller

2000 Subaru Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

I have considered getting a truck or 'bonfide' SUV. But I invariably can't find a better all-around utility vehicle. It is like having the best of a car and an SUV. It is not an off- road vehicle, but a very capable rough- road vehicle.

Easily fits in a standard garage.

The only real downside is the power, however, the reason I would like more power is for a little better towing capability.

2000 Outback
By Arunninreb

2000 Subaru Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

For the most part my Subaru has been reliable and very fun to drive. Good service has been difficult to obtain, and repair parts are even harder. The car was involved in a high-speed freeway accident that could have been a life-threatening rollover in an SUV. Overall, the car came out of the accident fairly well (it's been repaired and I still own it) and the occupants (my wife and child) were unharmed. Overall I have enjoyed owning this car. I highly recommend it as a family-car alternative to SUV's, due to the excellent fuel economy, handling, safety, and cargo room. I may buy another one..

This car handles great. The all-wheel drive makes this car extremely fun to drive on twisty mountainous roads (and off-roads). Cargo room is great for a car this size. Safety and structural integrity are excellent.

The four-cylinder engine is underpowered, especially for city driving; six-cylinder is now only available in upscale models. Parts are hard to find, and build quality is not as good as I expected.