2000 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
my family car
By coco on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback Limited 4dr Wagon AWD

I'm a 25 year old driving around in a station wagon. And I love it! This car is verstile enough for me and my family to go camping, shopping, and for my husband to go off-road on occasion. It is roomy, and has plenty of "trunk" space. My husband wished it had more get up and go, but for a family car ita plenty fast. I drive70 Miles to work each day, cruising 70-80 mph, and have had no problems, except for squeeky rear brakes. The 2 sun roofs are always enjoyeed by me

Outback LTD Wagon
By neoneo22 on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback Limited 4dr Wagon AWD

Great overall. Only problem is that CD player fails to function 75% of time, have yet to replace it, however. Had an accident, and while the other car (a brand new mercury cougar) was totaled, this car didn't even have a scratch on it (no exaggeration)!! Very quiet and very comfortable.

Great Buy
By Scott A. Miller on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

I have considered getting a truck or 'bonfide' SUV. But I invariably can't find a better all-around utility vehicle. It is like having the best of a car and an SUV. It is not an off- road vehicle, but a very capable rough- road vehicle.

2000 Outback
By Arunninreb on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

For the most part my Subaru has been reliable and very fun to drive. Good service has been difficult to obtain, and repair parts are even harder. The car was involved in a high-speed freeway accident that could have been a life-threatening rollover in an SUV. Overall, the car came out of the accident fairly well (it's been repaired and I still own it) and the occupants (my wife and child) were unharmed. Overall I have enjoyed owning this car. I highly recommend it as a family-car alternative to SUV's, due to the excellent fuel economy, handling, safety, and cargo room. I may buy another one..

Quick study
By magicjeanne on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

Handles and drives well, hugs road, not powerful, unless time to gain momentum on open hwy. What smells like it's burning after driving up hills? After heated seat has been on? Transmission? I have an automatic. Why no rear window wiper? Why no storage pockets behind front seats?

Great Wagon
By RangerRon7 on 03/06/02 14:59 PM (PST)

2000 Subaru Outback Limited 4dr Wagon AWD

This vehicle has been great! The AWD has proven itself in two major snowstorms that we have had here in the Midwest. It's a very quiet, comfortable cruiser with excellent handling (especially compared to any SUV). The cargo space is huge. This vehicle is NOT going to snap your head back with it's performance, but acceleration is adequate in day-to-day driving situations. I'm definitely glad we bought this vehicle.

4 of 5,676 people found this review helpful
Dale's Review
By dale on 02/28/02 23:41 PM (PST)

2000 Subaru Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

Fun to drive. I've pushed the car hard, that is I've driven it into a 3" ditch full of snow and it drove out and through the corn field with no problems. I've push it to the limit of having the car on three wheels while going around cones and even one small rally run. Roll of house carpet fits. Tinting the rear windows really makes the car look sharp. I think the car has enought power for what it is.