2000 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Sub 2000
By luck11 on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD

Its fun to drive and I find the engine performance adequate for my needs, even though some suggest it is weak. I have had min probs with this vehicle and will be trading up to the new 2005s when they are available. AWD is amazing and its incredible how you take it for granted. I had to haul a large load and used my dad's 1991 Ford f-150 4x4. It snowed. What a difference! To have to conciously engage and disengage when hitting dry pavement. What a pain!!! With my Sub, when I accel from a traff light in snow, the wheels simply do not spin. I'm always 1st car off the mark.

clutch problems
By triesch on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD

good car, but constant problems with the clutch, which has been replaced several times. It was finally working good, when it just failed on me in very, very hot weather. Dealer tells me they have a fix for it. We'll see... Also, lots of rattles

Confidence to drive anywhere!
By kaddison on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD

Our main reasons for our decision in the purchase of the Subaru were safety and reliability; we found both in the Outback. This car will give you the confidence to drive anywhere, even on rough terrain

What a car
By scozim on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD

Bought the Outback brand new. Was my wife's car for the first three years, now I drive it and I have to say I haven't had this much fun driving a wagon in a long time. Had 55 series Michelin Artic Alpine's on for the winter and the car was unbelievable in the snow. Not one problem in three years and we have 63,000 on it.

I love my outback!
By suepsales22 on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Outback Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD

I had absolutely no mechanical problems with my outback until 97,000 miles. The headgasket was replaced and fortunately I had an extended warranty to 100,000 miles. I don't know if it is coincidence or not but my mpg dropped from 26-27 to 21-22. My fuel didn't change, or driving conditions? I will buy another one when this "dies".

Brakes Suck !!!!!!
By Bart_Brakes on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Outback Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD

Take a look at the brake rotors of this car usually they are worse then rotten and is makes the car very unsecure. I have them replaced and can show the pictures

Roper Review
By maroper on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD

We have had this vehicle for 30 months and it has never given us any trouble. I love to drive it. Has great pick up. You have to watch it or you find you are going faster than you realize. Had a problem with the speed sensor at 38,000 miles but the Power train warranty covered the total amount of repair. This has been a very dependable vehicle so far. Gets about 23 mpg. Would definitely buy it again.

get subaru !!!
By floricom on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD

It is real plasure to own and drive Outback.You can`t go wrong with this choice. Sexiest wagon on the road !!!

Great Buy
By Scott A. Miller on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD

I have considered getting a truck or 'bonfide' SUV. But I invariably can't find a better all-around utility vehicle. It is like having the best of a car and an SUV. It is not an off- road vehicle, but a very capable rough- road vehicle.

2000 Outback
By Arunninreb on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD

For the most part my Subaru has been reliable and very fun to drive. Good service has been difficult to obtain, and repair parts are even harder. The car was involved in a high-speed freeway accident that could have been a life-threatening rollover in an SUV. Overall, the car came out of the accident fairly well (it's been repaired and I still own it) and the occupants (my wife and child) were unharmed. Overall I have enjoyed owning this car. I highly recommend it as a family-car alternative to SUV's, due to the excellent fuel economy, handling, safety, and cargo room. I may buy another one..