2000 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
So far so good
By mark york,pa on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

Bought car new in 2000. Have 203k miles Passed down to college daughter. We had an infrequent problem with intermittent stalling and CEL. This had been occurring since new but could not solve the issue. Codes indicated MAP Sensor and replaced with used one for $50. Did NOT solve problem. Did an ECM reprogram for $90 at dealership and fixed problem! We do regular maint and car has been great. Great value, pretty good gas mileage but most importantly safe and reliable. Desirable combination. Would recommend you find a well kept one and go buy it!

I am going to miss it.
By montanagirl on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Outback Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

Overall I have loved my Subarus but after my recent massive outpouring of money to get a new engine for my 2000 subaru limited outback sedan, I will never buy another one. I have 90,000 miles on my car and needed a new engine it was/is ridiculous. The engine was insanely expensive and still doesn't run perfectly. The car performed great on my montana winter roads, was comfortable to drive, needs more power but I suppose that is why they introduced the 6 cylinder model.

Great Car
By bdpharmacy on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Outback Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

Excellent car. Has been a great car for my wife in the snowy WV mountains.

I love my Outback
By spotakus on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

After almost 4 years of driving this vehicle, I would still not replace this with any other car. The ride is fantastic, the handling great, and the quality of assembly cannot be passed. I have had to perform only regular maintainance, and have not had any repair problems. I would, and have, recomend this car to anyone.

The Best of all cars
By Adel on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Outback Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

It Handles perfect in the snow.

Fun to drive; Worth the extra money!
By jjh on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

I am very glad that I've traded in my 1997 Honda Accord for the Subaru Outback AWD Ltd sedan. The car is not only fun to drive, but also great on winter roads! I would recommend this car to anyone!! And you can bet that my next vehicle will be another Subaru.

Quick study
By magicjeanne on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Outback Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

Handles and drives well, hugs road, not powerful, unless time to gain momentum on open hwy. What smells like it's burning after driving up hills? After heated seat has been on? Transmission? I have an automatic. Why no rear window wiper? Why no storage pockets behind front seats?