2016 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Love my Subaru!
By Tracey Lake

2016 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just what I expected
By Bill Sholl

2016 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Efficient, comfortable and quiet.

Traded a 2015 WRX for a better car for me
By Eric

2016 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I owned a 2015 WRX which was a fun sporty car. It was also much louder (at low speeds with low frequency rumble, at higher speeds with road noise), and suspension would hug corners great, but you also felt every bump in the road. The 2.5 Legacy isn't underpowered, but I don't pass other cars uphill like I would with the WRX. I get great mpg's on regular unleaded, and it is much quieter and more refined than the WRX. Overall, I am happier with it and love the Eyesight package, it came with a premium stereo system that is worlds better than the WRX (which was so loud it was hard to hear the crappy stereo it had in it). There is slight more body roll, but the car handles sporty driving well, brakes are excellent, and paddle shifters let you accelerate fine. The 3.6 was a no go for me because I wanted improved MPG's, and so far this car is delivering 28mpg+.

Enjoyed vehicle during the last year
By rcthompson04

2016 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the vehicle last September and have enjoyed it since. I have driven it in practically every kind of weather and it handles wonderfully on the freeway or on a windy rural road. I would highly recommend the Eyesight system and the weather package for the vehicle as well. The sound system is impressive as well.

Mine
By Judy Edwards

2016 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The car I had before and it had things I liked and didn't get in this one. I had a Mercury Milan, I miss my silence in the car (no noise, or wind sounds) I miss my self locking vehicle that would lock itself upon acceleration. I miss the sound of the trunk/doors closing (very solid sound). This Subaru has a lot of new things as my son said I will need as I age. Thank you son. Getting to learn them hasn't been easy. There are still things I haven't figured out yet. My daughter and I went to a Funeral last night and tried the map app on the car and it tried to work, we had to get out the book and start over, easy to operate, no. The feature of the garage door openers on the rear view mirror, great idea. I wouldn't have been able to use it at all if it wasn't for the fact that my opener broke the day I was buying the car and had to replace it. I had it set and works great. I went to set the other side and not so great, what I've found out through friends, you have to have a newer garage opener for it the work. So I have one that works and one that doesn't. I have yet to get my oil changed and heard from friends how expensive it is, So I'm bracing for that surprise. I have a flip cell phone and it wouldn't transfer to the car, but if you add each contact to the car works fine. I've noticed it is too detracting all the electronics on the dash. Need to be watching the road, so I'm ignoring a lot in the car while I drive.