2015 Subaru Legacy - Homerun!!!
By djalbe on
2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I've had a 2008 Legacy, a 2012 Legacy, but this 2015 Legacy Limited is AWESOME! I wasn't expecting a complete new look (thankfully), but the subtle exterior changes are nice. The 18" wheels are really nice. The fact that this car has safety features NOT EVEN OFFERED by it's main competitors should be reason enough to give it a look. You get a lot for $30k, especially at trade-in time. I owned an older Mercedes and recall that the S-class had Distronic Cruise Radar for $3,000! The Legacy with EyeSight crash avoidance won't set you back nearly that much. It also has blind-spot monitoring. But in addition to the best in class safety features, I really like the upgraded interior.
Favorite Features
They've FINALLY added a few features I was really looking forward to, namely the memory seating. I also like the dual express front windows, keyless start, and factory remote start. A must have for all seasons!! The rear heated seats option is nice but my kids are still in car seats so they won't appreciate them yet. The audio re-play is handy when my "ADD" kicks in and I missed something on the radio. About time someone came up with that. I also noticed the acceleration is better at lower speeds that my 2012, and the handling is better. I really don't have ANY complaints about this car other than the lack of HID headlights.
Suggested Improvements
Despite the new 36mpg achievement WITH All-wheel drive, I'd suggest they go to a newer 7 or 8 speed CVT for even better fuel efficiency. Bring back the Turbo model and I might upgrade sooner than I expected to. For others, maybe a hybrid model to maximize the city fuel economy. Look at integrating Siri or Google as the Voice recognition choice for faster and more complete commands.