2015 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2015 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

I am happy with 2015 Legacy
By vit_b

2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am very satisfied with a car. 6 cylinders provide enough power. However car does not feel as sporty as my 2006 Accord EX V6. On another hand it provides more quite and comfortable ride (still not like a Lexus, but good enough). Some reviewers complained about a wind noise. To my opinion the wind noise is normal. Fuel economy (with 20-29 mpg expected): I have in town 22 mpg; highways (with activated cruise control) - 30.5 mpg cruising with speed 55 ml/h and 28 mpg at 72 ml/h.

Favorite Features

Adaptive cruise control works grate and makes long traveling even more relaxing.

Suggested Improvements

Note: some things in the car look uncomfortable/inconvenient on one hand, but at the same time they may have a sense from a safety point of view. Firstly: a trunk does not pop-up when trunk button is released. It needs to be lifted physically. It is inconvenient on one hand, on another hand it is secured by strut arms (like a hood) preventing unexpected fall on our heads. Secondly: headrest feels firm and tilted to far forward (as compared to my 2006 Accord). I guess Subaruís engineers did that on purpose to save our necks in case of accident; however it does not feel so comfortable at least in the beginning. Luckily after 2 weeks of driving I feel that I am adapting to new headrest.

beyond disappointed
By thatran

2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

A brand new car shouldn't have so many problems. Lots of wind noise, lots of road noise, *unbelievably* terrible sound system in my Legacy Limited (sound only comes out of the front center speaker), brakes not terribly responsive. Service guy at the dealership only acknowledged the wind problem and that's because Subaru already has a tech bulletin out on that (since apparently many, many people complained about the same excessive wind noise coming from the front windows).

Favorite Features

Exterior styling is very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Need some serious improvements in Quality Control.

6 Time Subaru Owner's Honest Opinion
By Swiss

2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Well I have had plenty of Subaru vehicles to compare the 2015 Legacy to. I wanted more safety features, the reliability I have grown to expect, comfort, fun, bells and whistles. I did not want leather seats if I could not get them ventilated and I wanted all the newest safety features that might prevent an accident from happening. Eyesight is impressive, blind spot help has already paid for itself, the rear camera with cross traffic indication in any parking lot seems a must when backing out of a busy lot with people walking in both directions and distracted drivers in cars rushing about. The car is comfortable, filled with new technology, fun to drive and decent gas mileage all with AWD

Favorite Features

The Eyesight feature is not intrusive to visibility, it is intuitive and gives you as a driver lots of information to stay in your lane, keeps distance from cars in front of you regardless of their speed - even if they stop without warning. How can you complain about anything that actively keeps you from having an accident? The blind spot indicators are just the helper one needs in busy traffic with cars zooming all about! I have always feared parking lots the most as so many things are happening from all directions and one cannot see them all at once. People, especially the kids dashing about, people in a hurry trying to get that best parking spot, the backup camera helps, wow!

Suggested Improvements

Yes, the car is not the power house many folks come to expect. If one is coming from a 400 horsepower performance vehicle you will be disappointed. If you have been driving typical 4 cylinder cars, even some six cylinder cars you will find the car more than adequate for 90% of normal driving needs. That 10% where you need sport car acceleration due to poor planning it is not going to happen, it is not what the car was designed for. The ride is firm and quiet which I expect, others might want a more cushy ride, this car's ride is more taught. I do not want to give up the nice MPG but a bit more power would be fun if it was available.

Six Speed Manual Legacy
By 8632paul

2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

In Canada, this US made car is available in a six speed manual version. The car is still quite new, but is our second Subaru after a great experience with a 2006 Forester which we still own. I've come from owning Honda Civics, so the Legacy's quiet smooth ride is probably noticed more because of that. Things that surprise me are how quiet the car is, how good the mpg's are, how well it corners, how comfortable the seats are, what a remarkable value it is and how underrated the Legacy is. Negatives? A tiny clock and outside temperature gauge. If you live in an area where it snows and/or rains a lot (or even if you don't) and know how valuable AWD can be, this is your best option.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable power driver seat. Quiet smooth ride. Absorbs rough roads better than anything I've driven. Excellent handling. Strong brakes. Good fuel numbers. Excellent six speed manual that feels like it's out of a WRX. Large back seat. Excellent sight lines. Trunk hinges don't intrude inside the cargo area. 60/40 split folding seat backs. Dual zone climate control. Best AWD system at the lowest price. Many small details that Subaru got right.

Suggested Improvements

Black interior shows dirt easily. 2.5 engine could use 10 or 15 more HP. Better standard tires. So far, not a big fan of the infotainment system, but at least it has some manual inputs and extensive redundant inputs from the steering wheel help. Jury is out on the electric power parking brake and I prefer the old 'hill holder' system, but the new one works well too. Nothing really too significant overall. This is a fun to drive, surprisingly economical vehicle that is idea for driving mountain roads, winter and summer too.

Painfull Front Seat
By utahstate

2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking forward to my Legacy. I love the way it looks inside and out. It has a simple design with a great price tag for all wheel drive; however, after a month of having it my back started hurting. The lumbar support on the seat will not go down all the way. Before you drive this car sit in it four a couple of hours. It hurts my back so much I am going to trade it in for a new vehicle.

Favorite Features

Simple design

Suggested Improvements

Make a seat that is comfortable. The current seats have pressure points on the lower and upper back. The care is great the seats are horrible.