Stiff Ride negates positives.
By bsr52 on
2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I have driven this 2014 Legacy Sport for three months. The reliability of Subaru, all wheel drive and heated seats are all positives that are negated by the poor ride quality. I feel every dip, bump and tar strip in the road and will be trading this after a year. A younger driver might not care about the ride because the car looks sharp and handles well. I owned a 2001 Subaru Outback station wagon for 6 years and it was reliable and a comfortable ride with reasonable handling in not too large of a vehicle. If they built that vehicle today with an improved transmission I think they wood sell a lot of them. I appreciate any comments and criticism.
Favorite Features
All wheel drive, heated seats, rear view camera.
Suggested Improvements
Improve ride comfort. Go back to building a station wagon version of the Legacy. We don't need anymore large boxy SUVs. And the Imprezza 5-Door Hatch back is not it! I traded in a 2012 Outback Premium when I bought this current car. The Outback has become too large of a vehicle with not comfortable seats for someone 5' 6" tall (had power driver seat) and also has a stiff ride. I will be looking at the Audi, BMW, maybe Volvo for my next ride. Not their SUVs but the all wheel drive sedans and wagons as I see a lot of them have been going 100,000 miles plus.
By jasonct
on 06/18/14 13:29 PM (PDT)

You bought the sport model that comes with 18" wheels with the smallest sidewall. You should change your wheels to 17" and get tires that match. This will greatly increase your ride quality. I have a 2014 Legacy Limited with the 17" size wheels and it rides like a dream.