2000 miles and very happy
By bobkay on
2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I purchased the Legacy Limited, leather and had some dealer options put on. The car has been great so far. I am averaging 32.1 mpg, and have had no issues. The defrosters quickly clear the windshield and windows. The controls are simple to use and anything that was more technically advanced was taught/demonstrated by the dealer like setting up my bluetooth and phone. My kids find it cool that my car rings and we can just talk and not have to hold the phone. I tested the car with a decibel app and the interior is very quiet ranging from 50-80 decibels, compared to over 90 with my Pacifica.
Favorite Features
The comfortable seats fit my 6 foot 230lb frame. Plenty of room in the back for the kids. I added the optional side door mouldings...they already have saved it from the parking lot dents and dings...well worth it. Great MPG, fun styling and a firm grip of the road.
Suggested Improvements
Only 2 quirks so far. The CVT is new to me and very subtle. You don't hear the gear changes so all of a sudden you're going 60mph in a 35, it took some getting used to. My only complaint is the sheet metal on the hood. It is thin and you can see it bouncing or vibrating while driving. I was told this is a crumple zone and meant to fold in a crash, but on sunny days is it distracting sometimes.
By roadcrazy
on 05/29/14 12:55 PM (PDT)

The sheet metal on the hood issue you're experiencing is actually a reflection. That's the reason the issue appears to be worse on sunny days. The first time I noticed it I actually pulled off the road because I thought the hood wasn't secure. Just a poor design decision on Subaru's part.