2014 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Poor ride
By jzeimet on 08/14/14 07:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my second Legacy that I have leased and I made a mistake not purchasing the 2011 at the end of the lease. I really loved that legacy. Now I have the 2014 legacy sport and I can not get past the poor ride. On smooth roads you can enjoy the car, but any road that has bumps or cracks is felt. I thought it might be the 18 inch tires or that maybe needed to get broke in a little. I have 13,500 miles on it and no such luck. This is my third Subaru that I have leased, but I am so unhappy with the ride that I will not be leasing from Subaru again.

Stiff Ride negates positives.
By bsr52 on 05/17/14 06:39 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven this 2014 Legacy Sport for three months. The reliability of Subaru, all wheel drive and heated seats are all positives that are negated by the poor ride quality. I feel every dip, bump and tar strip in the road and will be trading this after a year. A younger driver might not care about the ride because the car looks sharp and handles well. I owned a 2001 Subaru Outback station wagon for 6 years and it was reliable and a comfortable ride with reasonable handling in not too large of a vehicle. If they built that vehicle today with an improved transmission I think they wood sell a lot of them. I appreciate any comments and criticism.

Bad Ride
By rtk3 on 11/13/13 18:16 PM (PST)

2014 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I only had this 2014 Legacy 2.5i Premium for only two weeks. It's my first Subaru. It has a lot of good features, but i'm having a hard time enjoying them. The ride is hard, it seems like you feel every little bumb in the drivers seat. I'm very disappointed! Traded a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix with 136,000 miles, it had it's issues, but rode great and was still fun to drive. Can't say the same for the Legacy. I'll have to give it some time. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think so. I might have to take a lose and try something different. Let me know what you think!

2000 miles and very happy
By bobkay on 10/15/13 11:59 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the Legacy Limited, leather and had some dealer options put on. The car has been great so far. I am averaging 32.1 mpg, and have had no issues. The defrosters quickly clear the windshield and windows. The controls are simple to use and anything that was more technically advanced was taught/demonstrated by the dealer like setting up my bluetooth and phone. My kids find it cool that my car rings and we can just talk and not have to hold the phone. I tested the car with a decibel app and the interior is very quiet ranging from 50-80 decibels, compared to over 90 with my Pacifica.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Subaru Legacy Sedan in VA is:

$149 per month*