Great Car
By ohio441 on
2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I've had the 2013 4-cyl. Legacy Premium for about 7 months now, and love the car. Picked it up for $22k including the all-weather mats (recommended). The main reason I bought it was the AWD, since I live where it snows a lot. The car is a beast in the snow, even with the regular tires. It was 11 degrees today with the car sitting outside, and it started without a hitch and plowed through about 5 inches of snow on the driveway to get to the street. It has plenty of room - it's larger on the inside than it seems from the outside, and the trunk is large too. It's comfortable, solid and well-handling to drive.
Favorite Features
- AWD really works. The full-time system is better than the slip-and-grip systems on every other AWD car I've driven. - For a 4-cyl, it's got a lot of pickup on initial acceleration. It isn't going to beat a Corvette to the quarter mile or anything, but for city driving on 35 mph streets, it exceeded my expectations. - the Bluetooth system works flawlessly at least for my phone (Galaxy SIII).
Suggested Improvements
- A little bit more engine noise than expected on acceleration from stop, especially when it's cold. Not enough to bother me, but more than my prior car (at highway speeds it's fine). - The heating and A/C systems take a little longer to work than I'm used to, but I'm coming from a 6-cylinder car with a much more powerful engine. - The stock stereo at the Premium level is just ok. It's fine for me, but I'm not an audiophile. - Acceleration after you hit about 35 mph drops off to just being ok. I can merge on to highways just fine, but not enough power to zip past other people merging too, like you can do with a 6-cyl.