Researched midsize sedans for a couple months...
By dbpdx on
2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
...and the Legacy came out on top for my family and me. I drive about 40 miles round-trip for work each day and have a two month old son. My wife and I traded in an older SUV and wanted a midsize sedan that would comfortably hold a rear-facing car seat while also achieving high MPG on the highway. High safety scores were also very important to us, and the Legacy delivered on all fronts. I drove several competing sedans but settled on the Legacy because of its spacious cabin and AWD. I've had the car for a couple weeks and love driving it. I was very close to buying a 2012 Fusion but didn't quite feel right. The Camry didn't feel right, either. Both cars pale in comparison to the Legacy.
Favorite Features
Lots of leg room. I'm over six feet tall and don't feel cramped in this car at all. There's plenty of space between my head and the car's roof and I can really stretch my legs out. In the back, there's plenty of room for the car seat and any cargo we might be hauling. I don't have a problem with the standard stereo. The bluetooth feature is simple but nice. Overall, this car just feels very solid.
Suggested Improvements
I liked the front seat storage options on the 2012 Fusion just a little better, but overall there isn't much I don't like about this vehicle. I do think Subaru is making a mistake by locking certain exterior colors with interior colors. It's not the biggest deal in the world, but not everyone likes black cloth seats.
By rman66
on 09/25/12 19:35 PM (PDT)

hi, thanks for a great review. could you please tell me what you paid for the legacy? I am looking to buy the 2.5i limited with navi and eyesight

By kcosta
on 10/09/12 20:28 PM (PDT)

Does anyone who owns the Subaru Legacy have anything to say about the noise of the engine? I'm looking to buy a 2013 but noticed the engine noise seemed louder then it should. I also talked to someone who had a legacy from a few years ago and without knowing my concern of noise she complained about the noise from the engine. Thanks for the info.