Overrated car.
By mperillo on
2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
I had the 2010 Subaru Legacy and it was a great car so I got the 2013 Legacy. Big mistake. They changed the suspension and now the car has a harsh, noisy, jittery ride. From a great car to a lousy one. I get 17 mpg city, 34 highway. There is no noticeable improvement in handling nor any improvement in mpg. OEM tires are not good. They're noisy and neutralize any benefit you get from an awd vehicle. Subaru lost me as a returning customer. Will not buy/lease one again.
Favorite Features
Comfortable seats, heated wipers/mirrors. Nice alloys. Good streo.
Suggested Improvements
Change suspension back to where it was. Get better tires. Improve city mpg. Quieter engine.
By lifeson34
on 02/18/13 19:52 PM (PST)

I don't know very much about the new tires, but I know my '07 came with awesome Yokohama tires standard. I am not a fan of the high-pitch whine you get when you rev at low speeds. This has been more of an issue in lower-mileage cars when test-driving at the dealer. A friend with a '10 model gets no such whine. Supposedly the whine will go away as the car breaks in. It would be nice to see better mpg, but be careful what you ask for. The engine performance straddles the line between acceptable and mediocre. I really don't want Subaru to do what they did to the Impreza - switch the 170HP engine to a 148HP engine to get better mileage. Better mileage yes, but not at the cost of engine power. Still, 24/32 is very good compared to my 07 model (21/28). It is a definite improvement, especially considering AWD cars are naturally less fuel-efficient that FWD or RWD cars. I disagree with the suspension comment. To me, the stiffer suspension and tighter steering are my favorite feature of this car. In '07, I feel in love with the way the Legacy handled, especially during turns. You get such little body roll. The 13 model is just like that, but better. It is the strongest selling point of this car, and the one thing that made me cringe at Accords the most. It lends this car a sportier feel without it having to be a sports car. Awesome.

By frostywinters
on 02/20/13 09:25 AM (PST)

Agree with lifeson34's comment on '13 new suspension & steering. They are way better than they were before the update. If you want a soft car, get a Camry.