More Fun Every Day
By jazzfocus1 on
2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Have been enjoying this car for over 7 months (about 8000 miles). I share it with my wife. Some of the negative reviews I've read may be by people that don't own this car or think they own it. Subaru hit a home run with this model and I started driving their cars in 1978. Their engineering prowess is put to the test here and they did almost everything right. The handling, power, transmission, fun factor, stereo, blue tooth, visibility, seating, comfort, all blend into a symphony of joy. It looks good and awd will get you through the worst weather with confidence. Mileage has been very good. 25 city, 31 (or more) highway. People with crappy mileage are lead footed.
Favorite Features
The steering gives nice feedback. Love the seats, front and back space, stereo sounds very nice and I'm a jazz musician (so I'm critical). The alloy wheels are beautiful and enhance the sportiness. The car does not feel as heavy as it is so it's pretty tossable. The awd system and new cvt/engine combination are in perfect sync. The car feels glued to the road at all times. A guy on youtube drove this car on a dirt path at 50mph (for many miles) and you can see how rugged it drives. I had a 1997 legacy wagon for 230k miles and it still worked pretty well on trade in. You do feel the road so those that want a soft, plush, numb ride should stick with Toyota or Buick.
Suggested Improvements
Subaru has never been at the head of the class in styling. My 2009 Mazda 6 looks more "futuristic". Still, it's not a body style you'll be ashamed of. The only complaint is when the wind is really strong and I'm driving at highway speeds it gets blown around a little bit. Probably the aerodynamics of the body. My Mazda 6 is fantastic at deflecting wind effects so it raises the bar. Also, my Mazda 3's are amazingly good with wind at high speed (they are fabulous little cars, including one skiactiv model). Can't complain about much else.