2013 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Great All-Around Car For The M

2013 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

Great All-Around Car For The Money
By banker2 on

2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a 2.5Limited w/moonroof...after about 1500 miles, I'm pleased. I was skeptical about going to a 4-cylinder, but it seems to have plenty of power around town and on the hwy...it works well with the CVT, which is one of my favorite features-smooth acceleration. Interior is well laid out and very roomy - front and back. Seats are comfortable and the Harmon-Kardon sound system is great. Simple, clear ipod interface and bluetooth connection. Build quality is excellent.

All-wheel drive, CVT, handsome exterior, roomy & comfortable interior, HK Audio system, value for the $$, and the fact that you don't see these all over the road. I have the dark blue exterior, and I've yet to see another one on the road. Lots of people asking about the car.

Only concerns have been MPG not quite as high as advertised (although my driving style may contribute to that), and the OE tires are in my opinion a bad match for the car. Subaru tightened up the suspension for 2013, but didn't change the tires, and the combination makes for a harsh, stiff ride on some surfaces. I replaced the OE tires with a set of Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus (Grand Touring All-Season) tires, and it improved the ride tremendously without any noticable decline in handling/performance. Also would suggest making a back-up camera standard equipment, as the Honda Accord has done.