Great Ford Sedan
By lifeson34 on
2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Ruined. Just. Ruined. When I bought my '07 Legacy, I fell... in love. The car had an understated elegance. There was an attractive aerodynamic look. Exterior lines flowed, interior lines flowed. Materials, though not luxurious, were high class. The fabric in the seats was classy *and* robust. The doors were rimless. The center console employed a minimalist design that made it pleasant to look at and easy to use. The Legacy has... changed. It now resembles a Ford sedan. The aerodynamic of its tail has disappeared. The doors are rimmed. The seat fabric is cheap and thin. Heck, all interior materials are cheap. The center console is overdone and resembles Optimus Prime. Optimus, go away.
Favorite Features
The car next to it.
Suggested Improvements
Remove Optimus Prime from the interior of my car. Bring back the old seat fabric. Bring back the rimless doors. Get rid of the cheap hard plastic interior materials. Redesign the interior so it flows. Use a minimalist design for the steering wheel and center console. I don't want to have to open a book to use a button while I drive. I don't want to stare at buttons while I drive. I don't want the interior of my car to be as complex as the space shuttle cockpit.
By lifeson34
on 02/11/13 20:46 PM (PST)

Correction: Voltron, not Optimus Prime. The center console looks like Voltron staring me in the eye. So intrusive.

By lifeson34
on 02/11/13 20:52 PM (PST)

The Legacy is still sportier than the Camry. If you like a fun ride, that choice is still a no-brainer - pick the Legacy. The choice is tougher with the Honda Accord, which is now more fun to drive and far more refined. Even a base model Accord seems like a better deal than the Legacy. Of course, there are my experiences driving my 07 Legacy: how it maneuvered around a car spinning a 180 during a snowstorm this January; how it stuck to the road on during a heavy snowstorm a few years ago while other cars spun their wheels; how it climbed up the hill to my mother's place - in reverse - while the neighbors' cars littered the bottom of the hill because... they couldn't grip the road. The Legacy is still solid, but Subaru did not make this model an easy choice.