Used 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Sport PZEV Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

2013 Upgrades hurt overall ratings
By fitfd

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in a 2012 2.5i Premium for the 2013 2.5i Sport for the new performance upgrades. The best way to describe the '13 model is disappointing. I can't question the AWD performance of a Subaru, it handles almost any road condition with ease. The acceleration on the '13 is sluggish from a stop but crisp at higher RPMs. I think the acceleration on the '12 was better overall. I was averaging 31 mpg with my '12 and only 26 with my '13. The Sport interior isn't all that impressive, the seats may feel softer but they also show dirt and lint far worse than the '12 interior. The new suspension is stiff and bone-jarring at times. Camry's run the same 18' set-up with a much smoother ride.

The car looks good. It's fun to drive for a sedan, as long at you only play under 45 mph and in traffic circles.

A spoiler would be nice with the Sport package. A stereo that compares to other sport editions like the Camry SE (JBL) and Mitsubishi Evo (Rockford Fosgate). Better fuel economy or better performance, I don't expect both but I didn't expect to see drops in both.