2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Snow monster, off road ability, MPG :)
By solarwinds on 12/14/14 07:47 AM (PST)

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Legacy is the best Sedan out there. Great MPG, eats snow up, and go off road, through mud, anything the height can handle... The CVT is good and delivers good shifts and MPG. Car looks good and you can feel the road. I had a camry and Altima lease and they are boring and poor performance and heavy feel. The Legacy feels great when you go AWD wheel drive... My Brother got an outback and its fantastic. Subarus are a 1500, to 2500 more then the others but you get a diffrent car. Boxter engine AWD, handling... Vs. In line transverse 4 banger like all the rest... MPG is 25.5 for me but when I drive conservatively you can get 28 city and up to 33 hwy for AWD... Safety small overlap test...

Not much positive
By lanter on 05/08/14 16:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife wanted the Subaru Legacy for quite some time. Finally when it came time, I decided I would give one a try. We bought it with the plan to keep it for 6-8 years. The first thing I noticed when test driving was the strange feel of the seat on the back of my thighs. It was irritating for maybe a few weeks then I stopped noticing the seats were different from most vehicles I've owned. I drive about 17k miles a year. Probably 45% hwy and 55% city. I am impressed still with the mpg. It seems like I rarely have to fuel up. I get avg about 26mpg and I'm not trying. The back seats are large and passengers find them comfortable. There are though too many things I hate about this vehicle though.

Discover Subaru
By solarwinds on 04/06/14 09:32 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We got a 2013 Subaru Legacy Limited... The interior toys are not as modern but functional and reliable. But it definitely out performs then the Nissan Altima we lease. Handling is great, power is smooth,, MPG consistent 28 mixed up to 33 - 34 hwy, depends on how you drive. The AWD is incredible and the car feels solid... In NJ 2014 winter it was flawless blast through snow and take the potholes great... Subaru give you a great road feel and confidence you cant get from other i4 FWD cars. Rain, mud, dirt, curbs. The Legacy eats it all up People who drive my car say wow.

Great Car
By ohio441 on 01/03/14 16:07 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had the 2013 4-cyl. Legacy Premium for about 7 months now, and love the car. Picked it up for $22k including the all-weather mats (recommended). The main reason I bought it was the AWD, since I live where it snows a lot. The car is a beast in the snow, even with the regular tires. It was 11 degrees today with the car sitting outside, and it started without a hitch and plowed through about 5 inches of snow on the driveway to get to the street. It has plenty of room - it's larger on the inside than it seems from the outside, and the trunk is large too. It's comfortable, solid and well-handling to drive.

2013 Subaru Legacy Sport
By pedrobud1 on 08/31/13 09:10 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I narrowed my search down to two cars, the Subaru Legacy Sport and the VW Passat TDI. Both impressed me but living in Vermont, the AWD made the most sense. I must say I am very impressed with the Legacy Sport. I am averaging over 31 miles per gallon with mostly highway miles. Great looking car and handles very well. Sport has 18 inch wheels but wish it had 16 or 17 inch wheels which would cost far less when I changed tires. Ride is nice and smooth though with the sport model, I suspect the regular Legacy models have less stiff suspension. My family has owned several Subarus and have never had a problem. Highly recommended !

Solid Subaru
By falsesmall1 on 03/06/13 11:43 AM (PST)

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this vehicle for about a month, scoring on excellent president day sales. My first Subaru. Very solid feel to this car. Engine/CVT still breaking in but performing nicely. Excellent gas mileage-up to 33MPG highway. Combined around 27mpg. Handles well on dry and wet pavements even with the crappy Bridgestone tires it came with. Haven't driven in the snow yet, but I expect it will really shine then. The ride is firm but a bit choppy. Road noise is present but well within acceptable limits. The driver's seat and position is stellar, as is the visability. The "upgraded" six speaker stereo is fair at best. Overall, a reliable car that does most everything well with AWD standard!

More Fun Every Day
By jazzfocus1 on 02/27/13 07:12 AM (PST)

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have been enjoying this car for over 7 months (about 8000 miles). I share it with my wife. Some of the negative reviews I've read may be by people that don't own this car or think they own it. Subaru hit a home run with this model and I started driving their cars in 1978. Their engineering prowess is put to the test here and they did almost everything right. The handling, power, transmission, fun factor, stereo, blue tooth, visibility, seating, comfort, all blend into a symphony of joy. It looks good and awd will get you through the worst weather with confidence. Mileage has been very good. 25 city, 31 (or more) highway. People with crappy mileage are lead footed.

Best Deal out there: Legacy
By talkgtr on 02/27/13 03:58 AM (PST)

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Our new 2013 legacy is fun to drive, looks great and is comfortable. I come for a long line of SAABs and am spoiled by great seats, the Legacy isn't as plush but they are firm and offer very good support. The Nav system is better than our Honda Odyssey. On my first tank of gas I've averaging 25.2 in mostly city driving. This is the Limited model w/ upgraded stereo, works great w/ my iPhone 4s, downloaded my phone book w/o issue. With a EQ few tweaks, it sounds fine. I had shopped the Impreza but the Legacy is just more car, quieter on the road, better seats and stereo. Very happy w/ my choice.

Great Ford Sedan
By lifeson34 on 02/08/13 14:34 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Ruined. Just. Ruined. When I bought my '07 Legacy, I fell... in love. The car had an understated elegance. There was an attractive aerodynamic look. Exterior lines flowed, interior lines flowed. Materials, though not luxurious, were high class. The fabric in the seats was classy *and* robust. The doors were rimless. The center console employed a minimalist design that made it pleasant to look at and easy to use. The Legacy has... changed. It now resembles a Ford sedan. The aerodynamic of its tail has disappeared. The doors are rimmed. The seat fabric is cheap and thin. Heck, all interior materials are cheap. The center console is overdone and resembles Optimus Prime. Optimus, go away.

Best kept secret in mid-size cars
By carbr8r on 01/26/13 15:58 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Very worthwhile investment. With 3,000 miles on the car, I am getting 33 MPG on the Hwy and 21 in the city for a combined 27 MPG. I got the navigation with Eyesight and the Harman Kardon stereo and it makes for a much more attractive dash layout. This car is a blast to drive! The boxer engine has a nice note under heavy acceleration. The seats are very comfortable front and back. The HVAC works excellent, and the controls for the Bluetooth, nav, handsfree, and audio system are very easy to learn and use. Steering is tight and responsive. Build quality is excellent - no rattles or squeaks at all. And snow? This car loves it! It sticks to dry, wet, or slippery roads like glue.