Used 2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Snow monster, off road ability, MPG :)
By solarwinds

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Legacy is the best Sedan out there. Great MPG, eats snow up, and go off road, through mud, anything the height can handle... The CVT is good and delivers good shifts and MPG. Car looks good and you can feel the road. I had a camry and Altima lease and they are boring and poor performance and heavy feel. The Legacy feels great when you go AWD wheel drive... My Brother got an outback and its fantastic. Subarus are a 1500, to 2500 more then the others but you get a diffrent car. Boxter engine AWD, handling... Vs. In line transverse 4 banger like all the rest... MPG is 25.5 for me but when I drive conservatively you can get 28 city and up to 33 hwy for AWD... Safety small overlap test...

Awd, Boxter engine, MPG, sound system, bluetooth and streaming, drivability, looks... Safety Small overlap test. 2.5i is perfect and you get all the 173 HP... Easy to work on DIY oil changes...

2015 Legacy is even better MPG...

Not much positive
By lanter

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife wanted the Subaru Legacy for quite some time. Finally when it came time, I decided I would give one a try. We bought it with the plan to keep it for 6-8 years. The first thing I noticed when test driving was the strange feel of the seat on the back of my thighs. It was irritating for maybe a few weeks then I stopped noticing the seats were different from most vehicles I've owned. I drive about 17k miles a year. Probably 45% hwy and 55% city. I am impressed still with the mpg. It seems like I rarely have to fuel up. I get avg about 26mpg and I'm not trying. The back seats are large and passengers find them comfortable. There are though too many things I hate about this vehicle though.

Things I like: fuel efficiency, trunk space, Harman Kardon speakers. The navigation system maps are good. The amount of features you get for your money are good.

I do have many complaints about the vehicle after owning it for over a year. The remote start turns off when you open any door or the trunk. Unnecessary safety feature. The handsfree is one of the worst systems I've used. Poor interface and a pain to make any call handsfree. The EyeSight adaptive cruise is camera based. It mistakes vehicles as not being there often and turns itself off when it rains or snows. The accelerator is touchy and still can't get used to it. The worst of it all is the ride on the hwy. It is all over the hwy and a challenge to keep straight. It is somehow really influenced by the wind and airspeed. It makes me feel like I'm drunk driving!

Discover Subaru
By solarwinds

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We got a 2013 Subaru Legacy Limited... The interior toys are not as modern but functional and reliable. But it definitely out performs then the Nissan Altima we lease. Handling is great, power is smooth,, MPG consistent 28 mixed up to 33 - 34 hwy, depends on how you drive. The AWD is incredible and the car feels solid... In NJ 2014 winter it was flawless blast through snow and take the potholes great... Subaru give you a great road feel and confidence you cant get from other i4 FWD cars. Rain, mud, dirt, curbs. The Legacy eats it all up People who drive my car say wow.

AWD, MPG, Suspension, Steering, Handling, Build quality, Color. Car is a blast to drive no other car gives you the confidence on the road as a subaru... Thanks Subaru...

More Horse Power... Put the BRZ engine standard in the Legacy... But the engine at 177 HP delivers great MPG and it is quick and can handle the road...

Great Car
By ohio441

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had the 2013 4-cyl. Legacy Premium for about 7 months now, and love the car. Picked it up for $22k including the all-weather mats (recommended). The main reason I bought it was the AWD, since I live where it snows a lot. The car is a beast in the snow, even with the regular tires. It was 11 degrees today with the car sitting outside, and it started without a hitch and plowed through about 5 inches of snow on the driveway to get to the street. It has plenty of room - it's larger on the inside than it seems from the outside, and the trunk is large too. It's comfortable, solid and well-handling to drive.

- AWD really works. The full-time system is better than the slip-and-grip systems on every other AWD car I've driven. - For a 4-cyl, it's got a lot of pickup on initial acceleration. It isn't going to beat a Corvette to the quarter mile or anything, but for city driving on 35 mph streets, it exceeded my expectations. - the Bluetooth system works flawlessly at least for my phone (Galaxy SIII).

- A little bit more engine noise than expected on acceleration from stop, especially when it's cold. Not enough to bother me, but more than my prior car (at highway speeds it's fine). - The heating and A/C systems take a little longer to work than I'm used to, but I'm coming from a 6-cylinder car with a much more powerful engine. - The stock stereo at the Premium level is just ok. It's fine for me, but I'm not an audiophile. - Acceleration after you hit about 35 mph drops off to just being ok. I can merge on to highways just fine, but not enough power to zip past other people merging too, like you can do with a 6-cyl.

2013 Subaru Legacy Sport
By pedrobud1

2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I narrowed my search down to two cars, the Subaru Legacy Sport and the VW Passat TDI. Both impressed me but living in Vermont, the AWD made the most sense. I must say I am very impressed with the Legacy Sport. I am averaging over 31 miles per gallon with mostly highway miles. Great looking car and handles very well. Sport has 18 inch wheels but wish it had 16 or 17 inch wheels which would cost far less when I changed tires. Ride is nice and smooth though with the sport model, I suspect the regular Legacy models have less stiff suspension. My family has owned several Subarus and have never had a problem. Highly recommended !

Looks, Great looking wheels, high resale value, and great mileage. Very dependable as well. Blue tooth makes syncing with smart phone simple.

Suspension on Sport model are stiffer than other models which means a little bumpier ride, but I knew it when I bought the car. I do not see this as a major issue at all.