The Car I almost Overlooked !
By diehard080 on
2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I had been shopping for a good week and I wanted something that would work for our family of three ( 9 year old boy ) and my wife . I didn't want to waste ridiculous time examining all the possibilities as it gets to the point where your life is consumed in details and these car sites and magazines , dealers , commercials all are the fuel for this confusion and frustration in that what ever car is :the best " or whatever spin they have that day . I wanted the every thing car but NOT an SUV , NOT a crossover but a Reasonably priced sedan that would be a errand runner , dinner limo , tahoe cruiser and more. Well It was Camry, Accord , Chevy Cruise , Ford Fusion . Then I am watching TV ...
Favorite Features
Along comes a commerical with a little girl and her dad concerned that she needs to drive safely and that he knew this day would come , then they pan back to the girl in the drivers seat and shes College age and is saying ...yes dad , yes dad , Well it was a Subaru Legacy ! I remember in College my buddy had a Subaru and we to that thing to the moon - but was it a car that I would be able to rely on , my wife like driving and be fun, safe and versatile ?? Well I did 10 minutes of research and found Subaru was now a BRand that was ON TOP of Topyota , HOnda , NIssan , BMW ==everybody - IT was overall now the NUMBER#1 car maker all around . I didnt believe it so I went down to ,
Suggested Improvements
a dealer the Legacy in a Navy Blue , Bluetooth , Sunroof was in frnt . All Wheel drive and they are still making the Boxer engine that only Porsche still makes and once was in the VW bugs of long ago --cars that would not die . I was still skeptical ...UNtil we drove it . It was so far above the ride of the other Japan/Korean/us brands I was sold and ready to be testing this stunning car. I just had a feeling it was the car we could go and do it all in and after over 10K miles we have and not one problem except not enough time to take road trips - the CVT transmission makes hwy driving a pleasure and at 80mph im doing 2000rpms ! gas is about 35 on the freeway--Highly Reccomended !