2012 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Legacy 3.6R limited with Navig

2012 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

Legacy 3.6R limited with Navigation
By senseless1 on

2012 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Between the Infiniti G37, Audi A4, Ford Fusion and Lexus IS250, I decided that the Subaru Legacy 3.6 Limited was the best AWD value. I have to parallel park this car often, so the relatively short length was important. Speaking of which, it's EASY to park this car, especially with the backup camera and the general visibility overall. I drove the 2.5 four cylinder and then the 3.6 six and it's like 2 different cars. The Boxer 6 is smooth, quiet and effortless. I prefer the conventional 5 spd automatic that comes with the six cylinder, even with the small trade-off in fuel economy. The leather seating is awesome and the drive is secure and peaceful. There's some highway wander over 70mph.

The Harman Kardon audio system sounds great. The bluetooth integration and sound quality is top notch. The navigation screen is bright and easy to read. The comfort, audio quality and secure feeling puts me in a good mood, even in traffic. That says a lot. The wipers are silent and washers work great. Simple interior controls and buttons make sense and glow red at night. The radio has volume and tuning knobs.

The Navigation takes some getting used to. My Acura Navigation was easier to use. There are some videos on U-tube that explain the mapping methods better than the manual does. There should be a button on the main map screen that pulls up the turn by turn list. It's a little cumbersome to get to that list as it is. Limit the speedometer to 120mph to make it easier to glance at and comprehend. Low beam headlights are marginal.
By aerotus
on 03/03/14 06:34 AM (PST)

Decent review but I am wondering how the difference in MPG between the 2.5 and 3.6 is a "small trade off"? Maybe the gas where you reside is cheap enough that the difference seems significant? I know with gas pricing where I live the difference is substantial ... on average the difference between the two all things being equal is about 6 - $700 a year pus the higher maintenance costs. I wish I thought the same as you because I prefer the 3.6 as well : )