2012 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2012 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
False MPG
By monkey21 on 02/12/12 13:22 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a new 2012 2.5I Limited. I was told the average mpg was 30., this is false. I have put 500 miles on it in the first week. I drive 80 miles a day highway miles to and from work. My average is 23.7 mpg. I would not recommend this car if you are looking for decent to good gas mileage. I live in Denver CO. and thought the AWD would be nice. It is ok but would never have bought if I new the true MPG. I had I 2004 Chevy Impala prior getting 27 mpg. You would think I new car with posted 31 mpg would do better but it does not.

Awesome so far...
By joesweetsox on 01/27/12 03:43 AM (PST)

2012 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Recently became disenchanted with Honda over a seemingly endless string of mechanical failures on two cars I bought in '06. I traded the Civic in on a Legacy 2.5 Limited mostly because I've never heard anything bad about Subaru, and the 2.5 Limited appeared to get slightly less mileage than the Civic. Now comparing a Civic to a Legacy isn't exactly fair, as they are different classes of car, but the build quality seems to be similar, the CV transmission is a little odd at first but given it's goal is to find the optimum engine rev, not necessarily the quickest it's just something to get used to. I've put about 40 miles on it, and the fuel gauge has yet to budge.

Perfect
By ziptiecloud on 01/13/12 14:02 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. Period. Went from An Audi A4 and don't miss a thing; especially the repair bill! VERY smooth ride, great sound system, TONS of space, great power, awesome handling.. everything about this car is just fantastic.

Mechanic told me its a great car!
By canadianman on 12/01/11 19:35 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I must say that this car has easy to operate functions and is very smooth on the road. It has very good acceleration and fun to drive. Very spacious, in fact 10/10! I picked the cloth interior for my 2.5i and it has heated seats. The handling is satisfying and the car itself is the best out of all the competition. It's almost exotic!