Used 2012 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Everything I Wanted In Car
By pepperdog13

2012 Subaru Legacy 3.6R 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a new car that had excellent safety ratings, excellent reliability, plenty of room for my family (especially good legroom in the back), good fuel efficiency (at least 30 mpg highway), comfortable seats, was a joy to drive/ride in for my long commute, nice interior with satellite radio/bluetooth, iPod hookup, and had AWD to help me drive on snow covered roads in the winter. I am happy to say that the Subaru Legacy nailed each one of my requirements. Not only it is a top safety pick but it was the best AWD system out there. I enjoy driving it. It is roomy. The 10 way power drivers seat is very comfortable and heated thanks to the All Weather Package.

Favorite Features

The heated seats are great. It is very nice that Subaru offers heated seats in their cloth seats. I was able to skip leather (and save a couple of thousand $) because I liked the fabric of the cloth seats (not your grandmother's cloth seats) and heated seats were available! I also like Bluetooth audio that links easily to my iPhone for phone calls or music or Podcasts. The roominess is great. The interior is cavernous with a lot of leg room for the back seat passengers. I am 6' tall and have plenty of room back there. Anyway, it is a very nice car. I like the looks of the exterior and the interior. You can't beat the gas mileage (about 28 mpg overall with mixed driving).

Suggested Improvements

Here are 4 ideas that I can think of: 1. How about driver seat memory? There are a lot of possibilities in position with a 10 way power seat. Have to start all over to find the "perfect" position after my wife drives the car. 2. The car has plenty of safety features but I would like to see a Lane Depature Warning system. 3.TPMS that can be reset by the owner in the car vs. having the dealer or tire shop do it for those people that change summer/winter tire sets. 4. More color options. I wanted the dark gray/off black interior...that only is available in 4 exterior colors.