2011 Subaru with 54,000 mileage
By jonster1 on
2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I do not like the CVT transmission on this car but it seems to be the wave of the future. Other than that, this car has taken me through two brutal winters where the snow would normally keep me from my driveway on top of a steep hill. With the Legacy (I traded in a BMW 528i), I have no problems making it up that hill. There is nothing like the traction of a Subaru in snow and rain. I love this car and plan on buying it when it comes off lease in another few months. For $24K, I got the Winter Package and a sunroof. I think it's an amazing value. A $20K Mercedes.
Favorite Features
Symmetrical AWD. Amazing headroom and legroom, especially for the rear seat passengers -- it's like a limo back there. The car is very quiet when driven normally, and I never worry about driving in snow or rain, which for me is very reassuring.
Suggested Improvements
The CVT is noisy but if you learn to drive it, you can actually use the accelerator to "shift" the car and provide more torque, instead of just whining up through the CVT range. I am not a fan of the low overhang on the front end. It's scraped up from hitting curbs.