SERIOUS STRUCTURAL ISSUES!--LEGACY
By snowboarder155 on
2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
The hood of this car collapsed in the center after an average snowstorm we had from just 21 inches of snow (that's less than 2 ft!). I just purchased this car less than 3 weeks ago and it is a brand new 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited Model. Subaru will not fix, even with all of the pictures I took and the police report I got that clearly says that this car was parked safely in a driveway, where nothing could've fallen on it, and the hood collapsed from just 21 inches of snow. Also the customer service was horrible! They were absolutely mean to me about this where I did nothing to cause this. I believe this car has a serious structural issue and I will be seeing Subaru in court!
Favorite Features
Interior and accessroies that can be added later on.
Suggested Improvements
Make the hood of the car more sturcturely secure (i.e. stronger). Improve customer service.
By creeper
on 02/14/11 10:44 AM (PST)

probably falls under the "act of God" clause. it's not a manufacturer defect because no welds broke therefore not warranted. hope the judge doesn't laugh...

By moosemeat
on 01/11/11 10:22 AM (PST)

I imagine that would be covered by your comprehensive insurance coverage. I understand why they woudn't cover it.

By jmtepper
on 03/12/11 08:17 AM (PST)

I can understand Subaru's response. I have a very hard time believing that 2 feet of snow could collapse the hood. I think sitting on it might do the trick, however.