Grown Up
By Alan B Antill Jr on
2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
This is my 3rd Subaru. My previous two; 2002 WRX, and 2007 WRX TR. I was looking at an STI. The Legacy's price changed my mind. While the 2.5i Legacy cannot compare to the outright rush of driving a WRX, the car is plenty peppy enough for daily driving. The handling is a pleasant surprise for a car this large (the largest I've owned). I expected buyers remorse to set in, but every time I drive it, I like it more. I haven't pushed it, because I'm still in the break in stage. The car has a solid, stable feel, and plenty of amenities. It is a grown-up car instead of a boy rocket. The CVT has grown on me. I rarely use the paddle shifters, mostly to save braking down long grades.
Favorite Features
The solid, quiet feel of a quality upscale car without the huge price. Handles well. Harmon/kardon audio with media hub. Long list of features. Looks. Regular fuel and better mpg than my WRXs. Comfy back seat with cup holders for the kids.
Suggested Improvements
The grip to open the dash storage bin seems awkward. The driver's seat doesn't hold me in place like the WRX seats did, but it's not that kind of car. No roof rack mounting points - on a Subaru!? I've ordered a Thule fit kit, all other Thule parts from my WRX match.