First Time Subaru Owner
By legacy2011 on
2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Never had a Subaru before til now, looking forward to driving this car in the Ohio winters we get. 1,600 miles in the car is performing fine, the CVT takes some time to get used to especially if you are coming from a V6. The car lacks power when you get stopped at a light briefly and then you have to accelerate. I feel that the CVT does get better as the engine breaks in and you drive it more. Gas mileage for city has been around 24-24.6(according to the optimistic computer). Haven't driven much highway miles to comment on the epa estimate. The AC could be better, I feel it doesn't cool the car down as well as it should. The interior is very spacious for driver and back seat passengers
Favorite Features
AWD, heated seats, safety ratings of the car is assuring. Interior space is amazing for a sedan.
Suggested Improvements
Two things, the tires that come on the car (Bridgestone Turanzas) are crappy. I feel that they should use a different OEM tire to come with the car. I already swapped out the tires for Goodyear Comfort Assurance. The second thing is with the AC, I feel that when its hot outside it doesn't cool the car down like other cars do. Also when you have the AC on the car lacks some power, mainly at stop and go situations.
By legacy2011
on 06/15/12 17:10 PM (PDT)

9,330 mile update. Absolutely no problems yet, thinking about getting the windows tinted to help with cooling the car down on hot humid Ohio days. Even though the rear sway bar upgrade improves the handling, the car does tend to wander on windy days ocassionally on the highway. The engine gets smooths out over time, u just need to put more miles on it to break the engine in.

By legacy2011
on 04/14/13 09:37 AM (PDT)

15,000 mile update. Car is performing fine, just got the 3rd oil change done. My front driver side seat has developed the infamous squeek, it only does it on certain turns so it doesn't drive me crazy yet. The gas mileage was a little bit better this winter than the first one with the car. Overall still happy with the car and hope to have it for years to come. I think I'm definetly going to get the windows tinted because of the black interior, the car just can't handle the Ohio humidity in the summer time.

By legacy2011
on 10/21/11 09:29 AM (PDT)

3,846 mile update. Using a sunshade helped with cooling the car down. Car is performing fine, I've had zero problems so far. I got a rear sway bar upgrade installed and it seems to have made the car a little bit more stable on the highway. Anyone interested in a Subaru should check out their accessories, they have a lot of them for the Legacy. Remote Starter and Illumination Kit are very nice to have. On my 10 mile trip to work I can get around 26-27 mpg taking the highway with little city driving.