2011 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: First impressions of a Legacy

2011 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5i Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

First impressions of a Legacy 3.6 R
By Subie Convert on

2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Coming from a Lexus IS300, I had high expectations looking for a car that was more practical but still fun to drive. My IS300 was not good in ice and snow, and one of my kids is now over six feet tall so I needed something better in foul weather with more interior space. I did a lot of research and found the 2011 Legacy 3.6R Limited. So far I'm very impressed. It's a lot of car for the money yet I'm not missing any features from my Lexus. It strikes a great balance between performance and comfort. It's a sleeper - innocuous with a bit of a kick. Good acceleration thanks to AWD and 3.6- liter torque. For a bigger car, it handles well around corners. Solid design - nothing seems flimsy on it.

Well-balanced handling and power, interior styling, comfortable/adjustable seats, HK stereo, Bluetooth. Metallic graphite gray exterior paint looks really nice - it looks different depending on how the light hits it. Dark gray leather interior has a nice look and feel to it as well.

Biggest item on the wish list - add a rear view backup camera as a standard feature. Others of lesser priority - put a light in the glove box and use an actual tire for the spare instead of the usual steel doughnut since AWD is sensitive to all of the tires being identical.