2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Love my Subie!
By kmaurer on 09/04/10 11:25 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Legacy. I previously owned a 2008 2.5i Limited. This is a great car! Powerful, quiet, stunning, roomy... the list could go on and on! My 6' friends fit easily in the back. The Satin White Peal paint is wonderful, and I usually don't like white cars. Transmission is very smooth (5-speed), and the 6-cylinder delivers more power than you could ever need. Can't wait for the first road trip! The "eco" gauge is dumb and doesn't make much sense.

1st Subaru
By Todd on 09/04/10 09:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Subaru. Downsized from a GMC Yukon. My objective was to get better gas mileage and still have a capable vehicle to handle the NE Ohio winters, while still having a fun experience that won't break the bank. So far so good, we have a family of 5 that fits well (booster and car seats). The styling and performance creates a fun commute no mention making daily sales calls and being on the road all day! Leather, homelink, bluetooth and the HK stereo are all awesome.

Legacy Limited
By Jack on 08/16/10 11:27 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great car. I researched the heck out of this and this car has exceeded my expectations. I'm 6'3" and the the interior (esp. headroom) is amazing. 4,000 miles and not a squeak and the Limited interior and sound system result in a wonderful travel experience. I'm avg. right at 30.0 in overall mpg. May not be the quickest car, but more than adequate for me.

So Far So Good
By Richard F on 08/15/10 06:34 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Living in the Northeast I wanted an all-time 4x4 with good handling and in a sedan format that I could afford. So far I haven't been disappointed! Only "complaint" I have so far is that the manual mode paddle shifters isn't truly a manual mode as you can't shift up until the computer says (arrow)you can and the shift is felt more in this car than my last CVT (Nissan)however it is fun to drive so far and I don't mind driving past the gas stations either since my last vehicle was a 6 cylinder Nissan (but I do miss the power just a little, lol) We'll see how the long-term service maintenance holds up however!

So far, so good
By Matt on 08/11/10 21:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First Subaru and so far, I love it. Very comfortable ride and I love the handling the AWD brings.

Impressed
By Samantha on 08/04/10 07:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Subaru and it probably will not be my last. I am quite impressed with this vehicle. I went from a 2008 MKX to this and probably will not go back. Interior is impressive and compares to the luxury versions quite easily. The V6 isn't as fuel friendly as others but it packs one heck of punch when you hit that gas pedal.

Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited
By Hamilton on 07/29/10 19:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Subaru and all I can say is Subaru has done it again. With the new redesigned interior, the car is a dream to look at, and can easily fit 5 to 6 adults comfortably. As far as performance, the car not only handles like a dream (smooth and efficient) but the 3.6L 6 cylinder engine is a monster. Overall I am extremely happy with my new Subaru, and i would highly recommend taking a look at this car before spending a lot more on other cars whose performance doesn't even compare.

2011 Legacy CVT
By Todd on 07/26/10 07:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We just purchased this car about a month ago now and have about 3000 miles on it. What a wonderful car. It is a joy to drive, good mileage, we have gotten steady 28's,quiet, comfortable, impressive acceleration. I was a bit skeptical of the CVT Trans, but it performs nicely, I go for the manual mode and the paddle shifters when I feeling racy. I guess time will tell on its longevity, but I have no complaints yet. It will be interesting to see how the car performs in the winter. It is our first Subaru and it will certainly not be our last. We only wish we wouldn't have waited so long to buy one.

Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited
By Rodger on 07/10/10 08:56 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd Subaru. The interior is rich in quality. I have test driven Lexus, BMW, Infiniti, Audi, and I keep coming back to the Legacy. Awesome performance, comfort, and handling. The cabin is much quieter than my wife's 09 Legacy Limited due to the new window design. I also liked the fact that they made the folding side mirrors for the 2011. I've gotten good comments on the satin white exterior color of the vehicle. High quality paint. Highly suggest people to test drive this vehicle prior to purchasing other sedans in the market.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan in VA is:

$105 per month*