Used 2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Air Flow and Media Hub problems?
By legacy66

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first subaru - shortly after I had made my decisions to purchase an Acura, I stumbles across a Subaru dealership and was totally sold on the Legacy. I do have 2 concerns/problems I'm wondering if anyone else is having...? The heater/ac airflow on the floor only setting pushes out way more air from the dash/windshield defroster. This is particularly irritating on a cold, sunny day. The upper part of the car becomes too hot, and the lower part where your feet are is too cold. I also had a media hub installed for my IPod and it makes a clicking noise whenever I play it in the car. I've had the car serviced and they tell me both issues "are working as designed". ???

HK sound system Bluetooth phone technology AWD

Noise coming from under hood.
By fish25

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2011 legacy premium in Sept. of 2010. I love the car so far except one thing there is a squeaking noise like a loose pulley. I have taken it back and forth to dealer. Finally they let me drive two more legacy of same model and heard the same noise in both cars. Is anybody hearing this noise. I can't believe Subaru has not made a recall on this car. No one can tell me what it is. I here it when first accelerating up to 20 mph. I know this should not be normal for a brand new car, I can also put it in neutral and rev the motor to hear it. Tech said performing as designed. LOL. Help

Interior/exterior design. Love the panel instruments Blue tooth and Media hub. The Harmon/Kardon is mediocre.

Recall car and get rid of the squeaking noise under the hood when accelerating, you can hear at low speeds. This should not be normal. Sorry

Nice Car
By myturbo66

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just picked up my new GT today but wanted to give a quick review. GT's are very hard to find. I had to order it. 7 weeks later it came in. First of all let me say the car is extremely quiet. Also, the car has really good acceleration. The turbo is a blast to drive. There is also a ton of room in the car. I will write a follow up in a few months to give additional input. If you are looking for a family sedan that isn't an Accord or a Camry give it a try. I'm glad I did.

Six speed manual & of course the turbo

Would like to see directional signals in the mirror. The HP is nice, but a little more wouldn't hurt.

2011 Legacy
By james212

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have 5500 miles on my new Legacy and I like the car better then I thought I would. The car has some quirks. It idles high when cold. The electronic parking brake can be applied while driving. The car does not have a pass through into the trunk behind the rear seat arm rest. There are no shimmies or vibrations however my car was parked out in a blizzard and ice or snow created alarming vibrations above 35 mph. It went away after some driving. The dealership had no additional explanation. The Harmon-Karden sound system can sound muddy at highway speeds. Gas filler release door has on backup except to force it open. When the transmission is cold it does not want to shift.

Favorite features includes all wheal drive. This is great in the northeast. Satellite radio is great. In dash CD changer is convenient. Leather seats are OK and the heated seats are very good. Driver seat adjustment is very versatile. Gas mileage is as advertised at 18/31. The car is bigger then others in it's class. I like that. It is very comfortable to drive and ride in and the interior is roomy even though you sacrifice some trunk space for the extra room.

Create a pass through into the trunk. Allow the fold down rear seats to be opened from inside the car. Get rid of the electronic brake. Get rid of the timing belt in favor of a timing chain on the base engine. Make a turbo diesel engine. Match the 6 speed auto to more powerful engine. Get a better sound system.

Ultimate cold weather machine!
By budbrewer

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After buying Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans since 1980 we decided to give Subaru a try. Sure glad we did. Fit and finish are excellent. Gas mileage is good at 28 mpg average. Heated cloth seats and HK stereo are fantastic. Parking brake is a joke (someone really is trying to out think themselves). OEM Bridgestone tires we're terrible in the first snow storm encountered so replaced them with Michelin MXV4. Now it's hard to get the tires to slip. This is an overall great car for Colorado or northern climates and would highly recommend to anyone. Plus it is assembled in the US.

Heated cloth seats. Stereo. All-wheel drive.

Get rid of the overly complex parking brake.