Used 2011 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2011 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

First time Subaru owner!
By megann22

2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm a first-time Subaru owner and loving every minute of it!
I've been a Ford girl for most of my life (3 Mustang GT's) and was ready to trade out my 2005 Explorer for a larger SUV- Expedition or Tahoe/Yukon.
However with the crazy gas prices, my husband convinced me to check out the Toyota Venza.
When I arrived at the dealership to check out a year-old Venza, I spied the most gorgeous car and was FLOORED to find out it was a Legacy!
I drove it and was hooked!
My car turns heads everywhere I go and handles like a dream.
I don't miss my big SUV at all.
It helps me recapture the sportiness that i've been missing all these years, while still hauling my family.
I couldn't love it more!

Syling interior and out, handling, fuel mileage, cabin space (fits my 2 kids in the back with plenty of room to spare), leather seating is fabulous (the black leather, woodgrain and brushed aluminum interior combo is the best i've seen yet)

A little more power in the engine wouldnt hurt

Loving My Legacy
By kmarkell1

2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased a Subaru Legacy Premium with the All Weather Package. I am a college student (who needed AWD) and I absolutely love my new car. I visited the Toyota, Honda, Hyundai and Subaru dealerships no less than 3 times each before finally picking the Legacy and I have no regrets. It is a great value and performs nicely. Good handling, very comfortable, decent acceleration for the engine size, very quiet going down the road and I have yet to experience the AC/Heater and "shimmy" problems that some of the other people have written about. However, I have experienced a little rough shifting in the automatic mode but its not horribly noticeable or overly concerning. I LOVE this car!

AWD, Spacious Back seat, Stereo system, Continuously Variable Transmission mode, fold through back seats, heated seats, side mirrors, wiper blades

Standard Blue tooth capable

First Time Subaru Owner
By legacy2011

2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Never had a Subaru before til now, looking forward to driving this car in the Ohio winters we get.
1,600 miles in the car is performing fine, the CVT takes some time to get used to especially if you are coming from a V6.
The car lacks power when you get stopped at a light briefly and then you have to accelerate.
I feel that the CVT does get better as the engine breaks in and you drive it more.
Gas mileage for city has been around 24-24.6(according to the optimistic computer).
Haven't driven much highway miles to comment on the epa estimate. The AC could be better, I feel it doesn't cool the car down as well as it should.
The interior is very spacious for driver and back seat passengers

AWD, heated seats, safety ratings of the car is assuring. Interior space is amazing for a sedan.

Two things, the tires that come on the car (Bridgestone Turanzas) are crappy. I feel that they should use a different OEM tire to come with the car. I already swapped out the tires for Goodyear Comfort Assurance. The second thing is with the AC, I feel that when its hot outside it doesn't cool the car down like other cars do. Also when you have the AC on the car lacks some power, mainly at stop and go situations.

Nice car, but one issue
By dtom1

2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought it in January of 2011 and so far it's great. It is fun to drive, has lots of grip and feels a lot safe inside.

Now the issue. When the car's engine is hot and as it move backwards with the AC on and no gas pedal applied, the engine vibrates a lot as if it's coming to stop, but at the next moment it comes back to normal.The engine sound also changes drastically when the car moves from idle in forward or reverse direction with the AC on. I've also noticed that when I'm idling at a traffic signal with the AC on, the engine is coming to a stop, but at the next moment it comes back to normal.

There is no problem when the AC is not on and when the car attains speed with the AC on.

AWD

More thigh support in the front sear and an engine temperature gauge.

Love this car!!
By birrell111

2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Solid roomy car... quality build and great looks. A winner.