2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
The best car I've ever owned!!
By thefishingone on 01/15/12 12:28 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I got my Legacy slightly used with only 4200 miles on it. I think this is the best car I've ever owned!!! I couldn't be happier with my decision. The interior is beautiful with the black leather and the seats are extremely comfortable. The ride is smooth and quiet and the power is amazing. The engine shifts through gears so smooth you don't even notice unless you keep an eye on the RPM's. If you even have a hint of buying this car, please do yourself a favor and BUY IT!! This is the best mid sized car out there, believe me, I looked around.

2011 Subaru Legacy Drivers Side Window Malfunction
By nwusa on 09/12/11 11:01 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We ordered this car October 2010 and it was delivered November 2010. Within the first couple of weeks (December 2010), the drivers side electric window, began to malfunction. 1. Window (inside door panel) would make a "ping" "clunk" sound, and engine idle is affected. 2. When drivers window is down, on occasion the window cannot be made to roll itself back up without multiple attempts, but always does roll up. (2-12 attempts). 3. The drivers window will on occasion roll down completely on it's own. On one occasion the window has done this when it was only partly up. Usually when driving and window all the way up. New switch and then motor did not solve problem.

Incredible value and nice looking
By garydl on 05/09/11 13:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I write this after 2 months of Subaru Legacy 3.6 ownership. My wife is the prime user of this car and it was her choice (and I did not object). In our married life we have had 3 Acuras (2 Legends and an RL), a Volvo S80, a Toyato Avalon, A Nissan 300ZX, and an Infiniti G37x coupe. Thus far, the Subaru Legacy is holding its own in that company. It is roomy, comfortable and built like a tank. It handles very well and has plenty of power. While the seats could use a little more padding, they are supportive - and rear seat passengers can cross their legs! While the styling is certainly not mainstream, it is distinctive and makes a statement - and it actually quite lovely.

Blizzard of Dec 26th
By gladiator1000 on 12/27/10 10:06 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I drove this car 170 miles through the blizzard of Dec 26th, 2010 in Upstate NY. The car performed flawlessly. It never slipped or got squirrly. This is my first Subaru after driving Toyota and Honda for 16 years. I am a believer in the symmetrical AWD and low center of gravity thanks to the boxer engine.

Subie Newbie
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted to downsize from my SUV to a sedan, and test drove a CTS, G37, Accord, TL and RL. Really liked the CTS and RL, but wasn't quite ready to spend that kind of money. On a whim, I stuck my head in a Subaru dealership, and was blown away. The 3.6 Subie drove better than everything but the CTS, was fairly quiet inside (didn't have the defroster on then), and had a rockin' stereo. They found a red one with black interior, and the deal was done.

4th Subaru, for good reason
By Mike on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned three previous Subaru's, I thought it might be fun to try something else for a change. After test-driving several comparably-priced sedans, however, I came back to Subaru--and couldn't be happier with the decision. I've had it for two months now, and have driven under a number of different conditions. It handles like a dream--no drifting, no steering wheel vibration, no problems at all. It's a fine automobile.

Legacy 3.6R Limited
By Subie Nubie on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car has plenty of interior room, especially without the sunroof. A very capable, comfortable cruiser. I find it strange that the body side molding is a dealer installed option. I am still waiting for the molding to be installed, as it has been back ordered for several weeks. This car has a lot of grip, although the suspension is a bit floaty. The rear suspension often bounces again after each bump.

Engineering Problem Update
By Phillip on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Put 500 miles on the Subaru Legacy since my 10/9/10 posting. The upgraded Continental tires didn't help. I like the interior a lot, great seating position and the engine is very nice. Sadly for me, the steering wheel vibration is still there and EVERY road imperfection on ALL surfaces travels through the car. In summary, the worst handling, riding and cornering car I have ever owned by a wide margin. For the record, I have owned a lot of cars in my life. The dealer has been nice and claims they can fix it, but I don't believe it. Subaru knows they have a problem with the Legacy, but they are still making them with the problem and shipping parts to their dealers to fix them

Mazdaspeed to a Subie, I grew up!
By OhioLifer on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

So far so good. I only have about 500 miles on her and so far it's been a fine car. I love the AWD and the nav/roof, the backup cam and ipod integration are nice touches. The HK 440-watt Dolby audio is fantastic. It really put the Bose audio in my Mazda to shame. The paddle shifting is weak at best, usable for snow driving only (that i can imagine). It's sporty enough that I don't really miss the Mazda and luxurious enough that I don't want to remember it!

Engineering Problem
By Phillip on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After reading multiple consumer reviews complaining about drifting and steering wheel vibration in the 2010 Subaru, I waited for the 2011 model. I asked the dealer about it and they said the new model corrected the problem. I drove it about 15 miles as a test and it seemed fine, but above sixty miles per hour on the way home the steering wheel started to shake visibly. Subaru appears to have the same engineering problem with the 2011 model. The steering dynamics are also really bad. I will upgrade with Continental tires in a few days and have someone else check the front end. If that doesn't fix it, I will become a major critic of this car company. Very disappointed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan in VA is:

$101 per month*