Used 2011 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Most Helpful|
Incredible value and nice looking
By garydl

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I write this after 2 months of Subaru Legacy 3.6 ownership. My wife is the prime user of this car and it was her choice (and I did not object). In our married life we have had 3 Acuras (2 Legends and an RL), a Volvo S80, a Toyato Avalon, A Nissan 300ZX, and an Infiniti G37x coupe. Thus far, the Subaru Legacy is holding its own in that company. It is roomy, comfortable and built like a tank. It handles very well and has plenty of power. While the seats could use a little more padding, they are supportive - and rear seat passengers can cross their legs! While the styling is certainly not mainstream, it is distinctive and makes a statement - and it actually quite lovely.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive, leg room in front and rear, huge trunk, excellent harman-kardon radio, styling.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system needs some upgrading and should switch to internal hard drive model. Push button start, automatic door locking once under way, and automatic door unlocking when turned off - are nice features it needs to be fully competitive in this market segment.

The best car I've ever owned!!
By thefishingone

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I got my Legacy slightly used with only 4200 miles on it. I think this is the best car I've ever owned!!! I couldn't be happier with my decision. The interior is beautiful with the black leather and the seats are extremely comfortable. The ride is smooth and quiet and the power is amazing. The engine shifts through gears so smooth you don't even notice unless you keep an eye on the RPM's. If you even have a hint of buying this car, please do yourself a favor and BUY IT!! This is the best mid sized car out there, believe me, I looked around.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, ride quality, interior, power

Suggested Improvements

none

2011 Subaru Legacy Drivers Side Window Malfunction
By nwusa

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We ordered this car October 2010 and it was delivered November 2010. Within the first couple of weeks (December 2010), the drivers side electric window, began to malfunction. 1. Window (inside door panel) would make a "ping" "clunk" sound, and engine idle is affected. 2. When drivers window is down, on occasion the window cannot be made to roll itself back up without multiple attempts, but always does roll up. (2-12 attempts). 3. The drivers window will on occasion roll down completely on it's own. On one occasion the window has done this when it was only partly up. Usually when driving and window all the way up. New switch and then motor did not solve problem.

Favorite Features

Seats are black leather, and HOT. Do not like small holes in leather as dust/debris can get into those holes and stitching. Black carpet is nightmare to keep clean. Doesn't show staining (there wouldn't be any) but does show every piece of dirt/lint, etc. Exterior charcoal color, is more like a super dark blue in the sunlight. 3.6 Litre engine does extremely well on rare occasions when I need to accelerate quickly, such as passing. Very quick to respond and very smooth. Engine does not struggle at all. One long trip, lots of mountain passes in MT, mileage was 28.8 mpg. Even with consisten multiple washes, the tailpipe is already showing rust. 5 ADULTS ride comfortably.

Suggested Improvements

No holes in leather seats! It's tacky, and the holes fill with dirt/debris. I do keep my car very clean, and this is a constant problem. Seems like the vaccuum at car wash pulls padding through small holes. Looks like ****. Subaru needs to allow choice of cream/tan interior with dark exterior colors. BUTTONS: 1. Button to pop trunk from drivers seat is difficult to locate every time. 2. Button to release exterior fuel door requires one to visibly look/find, and really can only be done if drivers door is open. Too tight of a space. Too many gadget buttons! Exterior mirrors are too small! Drink holders between rear passenger seats are not DEEP enough. .

Subie Newbie
By Anonymous

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted to downsize from my SUV to a sedan, and test drove a CTS, G37, Accord, TL and RL. Really liked the CTS and RL, but wasn't quite ready to spend that kind of money. On a whim, I stuck my head in a Subaru dealership, and was blown away. The 3.6 Subie drove better than everything but the CTS, was fairly quiet inside (didn't have the defroster on then), and had a rockin' stereo. They found a red one with black interior, and the deal was done.

Favorite Features

Engine and handling; stereo (though the equilizer display could be easier)

Suggested Improvements

Memory seats, xenon headlights, nav system you can use while moving, voice activation instructions.

Blizzard of Dec 26th
By gladiator1000

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I drove this car 170 miles through the blizzard of Dec 26th, 2010 in Upstate NY. The car performed flawlessly. It never slipped or got squirrly. This is my first Subaru after driving Toyota and Honda for 16 years. I am a believer in the symmetrical AWD and low center of gravity thanks to the boxer engine.

Favorite Features

AWD, Blue tooth, interior space,

Suggested Improvements

The seat cushion is too hard (after driving 4.5 hours through a blizzard, that is my only complaint). Subaru should create a luxury brand to compete with Lexus and Infiniti. This is a solid car. Add an 8 cylinder or put a turbo on the 6 cyl, add a few nice options and upgrade the interior and you can compete with the luxury brands.