Used 2011 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Premium Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Choose the 3.6over the 2.5i, you won't be sorry!
By wnbafan1

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I first bought the 2011 Legacy 2.5i Sedan. The engine is too small for the car. It is very loud and whines incessantly over 50 mph. I realized I was never going to be happy with that model. I owned a Legacy many years ago, and loved everything about it. I've wanted another ever since. Anyway... I traded the 2.5i for the 3.6r Premium Legacy sedan and I couldn't be happier! The difference is like night and day regarding the ride. The 3.6R is smoother and quieter; the perfect engine for the car. Yes, it is more money, but the difference in the ride is well worth it.

Smooth ride, comfort, quietness of the ride, lumbar support, handling

Make remote start standard on all models. No one wants to run out in the cold to start their car. Foglights should be standard. Subaru's are known as an all weather car; fog lights are a necessity.

Love my Subie!
By kmaurer

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Legacy. I previously owned a 2008 2.5i Limited. This is a great car! Powerful, quiet, stunning, roomy... the list could go on and on! My 6' friends fit easily in the back. The Satin White Peal paint is wonderful, and I usually don't like white cars. Transmission is very smooth (5-speed), and the 6-cylinder delivers more power than you could ever need. Can't wait for the first road trip! The "eco" gauge is dumb and doesn't make much sense.

Auto headlights, auto-dim rear mirror with homelink, styling, power from 6- cylinder, puddle lights, transmission.

Steering wheel controls should scroll through presets on satellite instead of going to the next station, harmon/kardon system needs a little more oomph, gets pricey when options are added, air conditioner needs to be colder, remote start is a joke.