Used 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

First time Subaru owner and never again...
By htakeuch

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Seeing the "Experience Love" slogan they got and after doing a little research of what the car includes I decided to go with a Legacy for both my family and my self. The car only has 2500 miles with too many problems. Clutch squeaks, car pops out of gear, and car idles roughly making it feel like it will shut off. I owned a Nissan Sentra and Toyota Corolla while I was in collage both cars lasted for more than 76,000 miles without exhibiting these type of issue. Taken in to account that the legacy is much more expensive than the cars I mentioned this is unacceptable. Experience disappointment...

Favorite Features

Very roomy, has lots of fun features for the price, AWD feels stable during lots of rain (haven't experience snow yet), trunk size is good, exterior design is good looking.

Suggested Improvements

Better transmission I have driven manuals for over 10 years this is the most delicate and unstable manual transmission I have ever driven. Better workmanship on the mechanical aspects of the car. It should not be experiencing a rough idle at the brand new stage. Or a squeaky clutch or popping out of gear at down shifting. This can easily turn in to a safety hazard if happened at highway speeds.

Subaru
By 6 Speed

2011 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first Subaru experience and so far its been a great ride. I was looking for a reliable AWD vehicle and this is it. I went with the manual trans because it allows me the option to up or down shift when I want. I have owned a few cars in the past with CVT I was not to impressed with that type of transmission. This car has excellent standard equipment also, above and beyond what you would find in any dodge, Chevy or ford. To sum it up, I'm very impressed.

Favorite Features

Auto headlights, engine performance, Reliability, AWD, Hill Hold option, sound system, fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

I know its an option, but make door side moldings standard would be great,I also agree with other reviews, get rid of mileage indicator (useless) and higher ground clearance.