Used 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Like the car but some oddball early issues
By wmasubie11

2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The interior front driver's sill trim recently popped up and won't stay down (will address that on next service). Bridgestone tires leave much to be desired. Noisy, and at 4,800 miles I had to replace one due to a non-repairable punture. I then found out these tires are very pricey ($175), don't have a good wear rating (260), and on Tire Rack on a scale of 1-10 only 1.9 said they would buy again. Got a check engine light on a trip and Subaru had the car towed. In the end it was a ripped gas filler gasket that caused the problem, but the dealer in Upstate NY said they've seen more and more of this issue. A nice car but Subaru has some work to do to get it to the next level.

Like the CVT, H-K stereo, and fuel economy; not crazy about the front seats and the oddball items which have arisen so early in the ownership experience.

A little higher attention to taking overall quality up a notch and on things like tire choice.

2011 Legacy 2.5L Limited
By glee88

2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My car has 2,500 on it now. It drives nicely and has a superior ride. I have a young child and the access is commendable. The 2.5L is sluggish but is enough; it doesn't match the soothness or quietness of the Toyota and Honda engines. MPG with the CVT is good. I had to bring this car to a tire shop because of a leaky tire bead and the factory Bridgestone tires exhibited significant road noise at highway speeds. The hood shakes at highway speeds and when going over a bump. The AC struggles on hot days; getting the windows tinted helped. Visibility is excellent. Overall a very good vehicle if one can put up with those few minor issues.

Roomy interior, easy access, superior ride and road grip, MPG with the CVT, visibility.

better AC, stronger/better hood, memory seats, engine temperature gauge, better factory tires.

First time Subaru owner!
By megann22

2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm a first-time Subaru owner and loving every minute of it! I've been a Ford girl for most of my life (3 Mustang GT's) and was ready to trade out my 2005 Explorer for a larger SUV- Expedition or Tahoe/Yukon. However with the crazy gas prices, my husband convinced me to check out the Toyota Venza. When I arrived at the dealership to check out a year-old Venza, I spied the most gorgeous car and was FLOORED to find out it was a Legacy! I drove it and was hooked! My car turns heads everywhere I go and handles like a dream. I don't miss my big SUV at all. It helps me recapture the sportiness that i've been missing all these years, while still hauling my family. I couldn't love it more!

Syling interior and out, handling, fuel mileage, cabin space (fits my 2 kids in the back with plenty of room to spare), leather seating is fabulous (the black leather, woodgrain and brushed aluminum interior combo is the best i've seen yet)

A little more power in the engine wouldnt hurt

Serious Design Flaw Not Resolved in 2011 Model
By electricity1

2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Subaru Legacy was plagued with design issues after its redesign in 2010 and unfortunately these have not been resolved in the 2011 model. Many of these cars (along with the Outbacks) have a "shimmy" issue at highway speeds and if you bring this to the dealer's attention, they will apply an extensive technical service bulletin (TSB 05-48-10) which is essentially a redesign to the car. After I had this applied the car had serious vibration issues and swaying at highway speeds, along with pulling to either side. Subaru refuses to acknowledge that there is anything wrong with the car after this fix was applied. Google "subaru legacy shimmy" and read the 64 pages of posts! Stay FAR away!!

The leather interior is very comfortable. The climate control system is excellent.

The long term reliability of this car is in question based on the many issues I've had with a new car straight from the factory. Subaru can't seem to find a permanent fix for the shimmy and steering issues and are instead applying band aids and then denying that there is an issue at all. This is my first Subaru and I just can't recommend the brand to anyone.

Sweet Subie (Part Deux)
By drq

2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my second Subie-my first was an '04 Forester XT fun to drive but wasn't too economical-but never failed me in 7 years and 120K miles. I was willing to forgo getting my head snapped back for better MPG's and after 2K miles Iím averaging 29.2 overall (Regular!). This time around got all the bells and whistles and couldn't be happier, never realized how noisy my XT was until now. The interior is well apportioned the leather seating is glove soft and heated-the stereo plain rocks. The back seat is big enough for two boosters and a baby seat. CVT took a little used to but once the engine was broken in you can get higher revs and satisfactory stop light acceleration. $26K @ 0.9% Awesome!

MPG's CVT/All Wheel Drive Bluetooth Harman Kardon stereo with XM Quiet! Rear view camera DVD player in the navagation-nice surprise

Navagation System is a bit cumersome smaller roads aren't shown when you zoom out.