2010 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: 2010 GT limited review

2010 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5GT Premium Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

2010 GT limited review
By mikewvche on

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After 1500 miles behind the wheel in various conditions (except snow) I feel able to make a fair review. This car has met all my expectations so far. Plenty of power (very responsive 265 HP turbo) and room (five average adults do fit with some room to spare). This car is fun to drive and practical at the same time (AWD is great). This is the fifth Subaru I have owned over the years and the third with AWD. Contrary to many of the reviews about the MT-6 transmission I find it to be very smooth shifting with good clutch feel. Compared to the MT-5's of years past this is the best Subaru manual I have experienced (especially from 1st to 2nd). The new look exterior does grow on you too.

Plenty of power but not too much. Interior is very spacious with comfortable leather seats (good lumbar support). Stereo is the best factory systems I have experienced. The hood now has hydraulics lifts instead of the cheap/flimsy post in the hole of years past. The trunk also is easy to access.

The hazard button is in a bad location for a manual transmission (very easy to bump on). Only offer summer performance tires (should be high performance all seasons to allow for winter driving). Some of the controls are hard to find but aside from the emergency brake are luckily not used often.