Plain girls dance last
By RW on
2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
You're always hoping for the knockout looking girl to have on your arm or, in this case, the best looking/performing/reliable car to own. The Legacy is not the worst or ugliest but far from thrilling. Maybe that's what the manufacturer had in mind? The car lacks panache. My 2.5 engine is underpowered. It's okay for most daily driving chores but not thrilling to drive. The CVT is fine, handling is better than average, seats are 'okay'. Everything about the car is 'okay' but uninspiring. Then again when one ponies up less than $25K for a new car, what can one expect except what the Legacy provides? I'm okay with the purchase but far from a raving fan who can't wait to re-buy.
Favorite Features
Awd of course. Were it not for awd, I doubt the car would have gotten my attention/consideration in the first place. CVT is nice and different as is the boxer engine. The paddle shifters are unique, sort of, but seldom used.
Suggested Improvements
More POWER! The car hums along but has no real passing power with the 2.5 170 hp engine. I now see where Hyundai has a similar sized engine delivering about 200 hp and similar mileage ratings as the Subie. Why was Subaru sleeping on this issue?