2010 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Horribly disappointed

2010 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5i Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

Horribly disappointed
By john on

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After years of Honda loyalty I cannot believe this clunker is how I satisfy my Subaru dream. Like numerous other posts I too experience the road drift at highway speeds as well as the vibration. My headliner has been replaced as has my barely mediocre radio due to defects. Occasionally my "new" radio will not turn on at all. The car often "slams" into reverse, and constantly hesitates from a dead stop. Car nearly stalls whenever I brake hard, idle, or turn the AC up to max, which is still inadequate and insufficient to keep my baby girl cool in the back seat. Local dealer attributes the RPM drop to strain on the electric system.Really. Expensive maintenance reduces value.

All wheel drive, overall design, and reformatted interior were enough to make me love the car. Mileage is as advertised and I find the seats comfortable and easily manipulated. Just the right amount of bells and whistles, and overall fun to drive, except for the various issues above.

Better more reliable base music system. Remove paddle shifters from steering wheel (worthless while turning). Fix the highway handling issues and transmission flaws. Standard 100,000 mile warranty since this model has obvious issues! Mandatory 2 week test drive. Fix the AC or don't sell in SC