2010 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: First Nine Months have been Gr

2010 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5i Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

First Nine Months have been Great !
By Joe on

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I liked this car from the start, though I was looking for something more sporty. My interior needs centered around my family of four. The Legacy has plenty of room. Subarus are still iron clad reliable (we owned a '95 Impreza - and loved it). The east coast blizzards of 2010 put this baby to the test and she passed easily. I utilized the shift paddles throughout. In normal weather, I opt for the CVT and I can attest to the improved economy in this mode.

AWD, shiftable 6 spd/CVT, Handling (compared to similar sedans), reliability, and ruggedness. This car is the all-round champ of its class and price range.

Lose the electronic parking brake - no problems so far, but its the only vulnerable area I can see. The seats are comfortable for short/moderate trips, but I would not log 8 hours in this car without a long break. My Volvo and Avalon beat out this car for trip comfort. Still, the Legacy does well