2010 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: All good except the seats are

2010 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5i Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

All good except the seats are a pain
By roaddogs70 on

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Except for the intolerable seats...I like my Subaru and everything else about this car. Economical, reliable, easy to see out of it. Good size trunk. Good in the snow and rough roads. Feels somewhat primitive and mechanical, but well connected. Good build quality. It makes me unhappy to report how uncomfortable this car is on longer trips. My wife and I can't wait to get to a rest stop...just to get out and stretch our backs and behinds. We have taken our Legacy cross country for a 5,000 mile trip...no problems with the car...big problems for us sitting in it. It is really unfortunate these seats feel so uncomfortable.

All wheel drive. Flat cornering. Good gas mileage. Very Reliable.

It would be worth a few dollars more to make the seats comfortable for average sized Americans. My wife and I are average height and weight but these seats don't work for us. The front seats are hard and the seat bottoms are short. I have the Premium cloth seats with 10 way heated driver seats. For short trips...not too bad. After a few hours of driving...they are extremely uncomfortable. They are really firm and lower in the back. The passengers seat is limited to 4 ways...forward and backward...even on the top model. Because of the seats I am trying to get our of my lease early so I can find a car I don't mind sitting in to drive.