2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Legacy is even than I ever expected.
By Joe-in-MD on 02/09/10 14:35 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've enjoyed driving my 2010 Legacy since October, but the December 2009 blizzard that hit the DC area and the 30 inches of snow we just received really proved the Legacy's capabilities. This car has every bad weather traction innovation available. The only possible way to improve snow ability may be upgrading to performance winter tires. Overall, the combination of performance, economy, comfort, reliability, and driving pleasure made this car an easy choice for me (w/wife and two kids). The manual shift paddles are a decent compromise - I prefer standard shift, my wife prefers slushbox. MPG is not phenomenal, but is 20% better than the previous year's Legacy. Not bad at all.

LOVE this car!
By Red on 02/07/10 12:04 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After looking at most mid-size sedans on the market, I knew the Legacy was for me. I purchased the Limited about 2.5 months ago and I have 2500 miles on it. So far, the only problem I've had is a leak in the sunroof after going to a high pressure wash. Supposedly it says to avoid high pressure washes, although I couldn't find it in the manual. Not a big deal, we've just changed our car wash and the problem hasn't reoccured. I love the CVT and the AWD has made the winter driving much easier. My husband is 6'5'' and has plenty of headroom, even in the passenger seat. We often have 5 adults in the car and there is always plenty of room.

Legacy a great value, different and fun
By Robert Vance on 02/06/10 16:01 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Subaru Legacy is a great value. The interior is roomy and the trunk is sized for most everyday things. Big rear seats fold flat for longer items. The power driver seat has a ton of settings… I am still working on dialing in that perfect seat setting for me. The paddle shifters for the CVT are fun to use. The flat-four engine revs nicely and the lower center of gravity helps keep the car balanced in corner. Mechanically it sounds good too. Subaru Legacy has the best features of many of the others but with the advantage of standard ALL Wheel Drive...it’s a great mix of economy, comfort, and everyday drive-ability. Plus it had above average resell value & economical insurance.

2nd Subie
By Jason on 02/03/10 09:01 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I went to Detroit Auto Show to pick a new "fun" car. Had 14 on the list and as we continued to circle the show and whittle our choices down, we decided to look at Subaru (Wasn't on original list). Why didn't we look at it the first couple trips around? I heard the new body style was polarizing, but I fell into the bucket of "love it". I guess I just couldn't part with the AWD and was completely satisfied with the 2.5 in my 06 Outback. My wife stated it best: "The Legacy is a perfect blend of sport and luxury for us." If you are in the market for a car, at least put this on your list to test drive. I recommend 'Limited' if you like gadgets.

Perfect family snowbelter
By CT Subaru Buyer on 01/30/10 06:26 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is our 3rd Subaru, 2nd Legacy. This week was the 1st ice storm test. Waiting at a signal in a line of cars, everyone did something other than go strait. When it was our turn, the Legacy showed no sign of being affected by the black ice that caused everyone else to lose traction. Turning corners on ice, stopping on ice, everything the legacy did said safety and control. The only fear was being patient for all the sedans, minivans and trucks to finish their sliding so that the Legacy could maneuver through them. In style and comfort, its no different than Camry, Accord, Altima, Fusion, but in snowbelt, I wish everyone else drove a legacy, would be safer for me.

A fun package
By ranjix on 01/29/10 17:52 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After about 4 months of driving my new Legacy GT 2.5, can say that it's definitely a solid choice, in all regards. Quality of interior and exterior design, comfort, AWD, power, brakes, are all there. (A lot) more car than anything else at same price point and much better looking. Small issues, which made me wonder at the beginning if I made a good choice, the more I drive the less they bother me. All in all, is a fun car to drive.

All New Legacy - Feel The Love
By First Subaru on 01/27/10 18:15 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Really impressed with this car. Solid and responsive. Great build quality, nice interior and good looking exterior. Safety ratings are outstanding all around. Plus Made in America in Indiana.

Alternative to Gas Guzzlers
By ehobbel on 01/24/10 08:23 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is awesome. I had never driven a Subaru before I purchased this car. I had previously test drove Accord, Camry, Avalon, Malibu, and Fusion. As a SUV owner for almost 10 years I have been spoiled with space and comfort. Not to mention that Im 6'2, space was essential. I felt claustrphobic in all the other autos except when the drove the Legacy. It was so SPACIOUS! Its AWD for those of us that get snow and are used to 4 wheel drive, and its just plain fun. The added bonus....MPG 22-31, a far cry from my 16 MPG Jeep Grand Cheerokee. If you looking for space, comfort, snow capabilities, great MPG, and overall AWESOME value, you need to definatly test drive the Legacy.

Nice drive!
By Albert Bender on 01/22/10 21:15 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After 1000 miles behind the wheel, I continue to be very impressed with this car. I carefully considered other Japanese sedans (IS350, G37, Acura TSX V6) and selected the Subaru mostly for its total integration of performance, comfort, and excellent ergonomics. It was also less expensive. My only complaints are lack of a temperature gauge (MPG instead) and side mirrors that do not fold. I love everything else about this car. The instrumentation is outstanding; the engine responsive and loves to rev; the transmission with paddle shifters is the best I ever driven (both the Lexus and Acura had issues when transitioning into sport mode). And the navigation/audio system is great.

Fun Ride!
By Denver Driver on 01/21/10 18:29 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking at options for trading in my 2003 VW Passat 4 motion when the salesman asked me to look at the Subaru Legacy. At first, I declined as I did not like my wifes 2005 Outback seat position. With some prodding, I agreed. Wow! What a difference in the 2010 Legacy. Larger than my Passat. Great seats. Rear seats fold down, great for ski's. The 2.5i with CVT was quicker than the VW and at 500 miles I am averaging 26 mpg. This includes driving up the mountain which kills gas mileage. The car has the upgraded HK stereo with bluetooth. Very nice. Did I mention the 500 miles has been put on over 3 days. Great car for taking the long way home. 2 big thumbs up for this car. Nice job Subaru!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*