Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

GREAT all-around car to own
By spiro morogiannis

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my 2010 legacy now for 6 months, put just shy of 13k miles on it and I would have to say its been a great and very comfortable car to own. I do have a couple complaints however, i have had both front struts replaced under warranty due to leaking, and i feel that the cabin could be just a little quieter. If i could change one thing about the 2.5i, i would add another 15-20 hp, because it feels just slower than i would like. However, i average around 30 mpg mixed with my legacy, and i am completely thrilled with the mileage considering the size of the car, and it is one of the most comfortable and fun to drive vehicles I've ever owned. I highly rec this car, especially for the price

Harmon Kardon System is GREAT, stunning looks, MPG, AWD system paired with the 6 spd,

Clutch very hard to get use to, motor could use another 15 hp, wind noise at hwy speeds

Very pleased
By Sam

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a solidly-built, nicely styled car. Great gas mileage--significantly better than posted on the window sticker. Quiet cabin. Comfortable seating. Storage is well laid out, and though the trunk is considered average in size, the space is very accessible. Five stars all around on safety. The 2.5 engine provides comfortable performance for everyday driving, but will not snap your neck from a standing start. Not a bad trade-off, though, when I get well over 30 mpg on a road trip.

Great seats with the Limited package. Looked at several other cars, some of which were "premium" brands, and the seating was the tie-breaker. That, combined with a very good sound system, makes for pleasant long-range drives.

This is really nitpicking, bit the switches for the seat heaters don't feel up to the quality of the rest of the car.

Awesome Car!
By KIM

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this car about a month now. I knew I wanted my next car to be a Legacy and I'm not disappointed. I do not have ANY of the problems others mentioned. My car runs wonderfully, is very comfortable, and everyone thinks it's eye catching. I think some others should have thought more about the car they wanted before buying. Not everyone likes the same things obviously. But, in my opinion, if you want a sharp car that's dependable and comfortable - this is your car!

Honestly, I love it all. Stylish interior, smooth ride, AWD, the list could go on!

Make the limited package more affordable for a lease.

Satisfied Subie Owner
By Legacy Owner

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased for $600 under invoice. Have just over 1.5K miles. Not quite as quick as previous car - 2002 Maxima SE 6spd, but more comfortable- great cruiser. Very comfortable, steering and road feel tremendous. HK sound system more than adequate.

Power, AWD, Handling, Regular fuel, Room

Faster 0-60, better mpg.

2.5i Limited with Power Moonroof
By Pat

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned the car since August and about 3000 miles later I hit a deer at highway speed. I am a female and was alone at the time. I've never hit an animal before let alone a deer. The crash ratings on the vehicle lived up to every expectation. The impact was the front end driver's side and fender. I couldn't open the drivers door and I thought the deer was out there dead, but alas he was gone. I was able to maintain control of the vehicle. I didn't hit anyone else and I did not get hurt. The vehicle crumpled as expected, the air bags did not go off as it did not hit all the sensors and the frame was not impacted. I have driven it 5500 miles since the accident and have had no issues.

Beyond the crash ratings, I love the style of the car and it's classy look. It is so fun to drive and i find the driver's seat amazingly comfortable. This is my first Subaru my previous car being a 2005 Nissan Murano. The interior is sleek, beautifully laid out with nice lighting at night.

Huge flaw is the auto lights that really aren't. The lights are very sensitive and come on in the garage even in daylight. I can have sensitivity adjusted but it won't solve the problem. The lights will not go off unless you take the key out of the ignition - who does that. Countless dead batteries!