2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
It's all in the mechanics
By garbageguts on 03/08/10 13:29 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

By chance I drove a 2009 Legacy and compared it with a my 2010. I was amazed at difference in handling characteristics between the two. The 2010 has a smooth yet in control feel along with good match between CVT and Boxer engine. The 2009 does not. For drive-ability the 2010 is great when cornering at > 40 mph. In the snow it beats hands down the Altima, Fusion, Accord and Camry.

subaru legacy
By choopie on 03/06/10 07:19 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Leased the Premium w/auto. Getting 18 mpg city and as much as 35 highway. Great handling car. Little loud and transmission a little jittery but I can live with that. Only 500 miles on car thus far. Comfortable seats, nice amenities. Would recommend based on my limited experience with this car thus far.

Quite Pleased
By JR17 on 02/24/10 08:04 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving my Legacy for about 2 1/2 months now and I love it. There is plenty of power and braking getting on and off of I-95. The sound system is quite nice and the range of seating options is fantastic, making for a comfortable ride no matter how I feel like sitting. Great usable trunk space, and terrific leather seating.

This Legacy is a great choice
By Craig in Seattle on 02/23/10 19:49 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We traded in our B9 Tribeca for this car, due to the Tribeca's low mpg and need for premium gas. So far, I am not missing the SUV. This Legacy is nimble, fun to drive, and relatively quiet. I was totally surprised at the power and responsiveness of the engine. The CVT makes it feel like it has 25-30 more horses under the hood. I have driven previous generation Legacies with the base engine, and would not buy one because of the low power. This engine/tranny combo is great. The car is very stable, even when cornering at high speeds. We took it on a trip to the ocean recently and had a total blast on the curvey highway route we took. I would buy this car again without hesitation

Nice Surprise
By Family Man on 02/23/10 15:16 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Anxiously waited 3mos for this car & have close to 1K mi; it was worth the wait. Live in the NE region w/snow & it feels like driving on rails. Traded in an Acura MDX & wanted another AWD vehicle. Convinced the wife to look at Subaru vs Volvo/Audi. Back seats are much roomier than either brands. Initially looked at CVT for the better gas mileage but got the 3.6 instead for the power; we need it since we live on a hill. Will pass this car onto my son who'll start driving in 2yrs & wanted a safe & reliable car. This is my 1st experience w/Subaru and had some reservations about their long term reliability but after learning their history & sitting behind the wheel you feel very safe.

Impressed
By tstan on 02/23/10 10:52 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking for a safe, reliable, all- wheel drive vehicle that had good gas mileage, and this was the car I choose. It is quick, responsive, and fun to drive. I initially got 28 mpg on it's first highway trip (doing 70-75 mph) and then got 30 mpg (doing 75-80 mph). The car still has under 1000 miles on it. The toggle shifters are fabulous, the suspension is stiff, yet comfortable, the acceleration is easily adequate, the stereo sound is excellent, the quietness was unexpected, and on top of it all, I got one heck of a deal. This Subaru may eventually turn out to be the best overall vehicles I've owned.

Great car, best in the class
By Fighter on 02/22/10 06:27 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome, I love to drive it. I never had a Subaru before I purchased this car. I had previously test drove Accord, G37x, 328ix, MB C300 and Subaru won with a huge margin. If you looking for space, lots of headroom even with moon-roof, comfort and style, snow capabilities, great MPG, and overall value, you MUST test drive the Legacy.

What A Great Car
By WVRICK on 02/19/10 03:58 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I got my Legacy Premium yesterday and what a great car. Traded a 2009 Honda Civic that was like a ski on snow. This feels like a much more expensive car than it cost. It is solid, stable, smooth and very comfortable. Drove through drifting snow on the Interstate at highway speeds and couldn't tell the difference from the dry road. I gave it a 9 on performance because it is not a sports car. The power is adequate, not blazing, but I knew that when I bought it. I even got an $80 break on my insurance with the Legacy over the Honda.

Bad in snow
By royboy on 02/13/10 09:39 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am extremely disappointed with the incredibly cheap, flimsy plastic bumpers/fenders/fairings on my brand new Legacy. I live in Idaho where we have ice and snow on the ground all winter. My neighborhood remains icy and there are piles of snow at most of the corners. We have no through streets, lots of twists and turns. I always drive slowly in winter because of that. Yesterday I slid a little taking a left turn and the right front bumper hit a snowpile left by the city. I thought it was nothing to worry about but OMG the damage it did to that flimsy bumper was just way out of proportion to the impact. The Potenza's are awful on ice, and AWD/stability control did nothing to prevent the slide

Beautiful and fun to drive
By Lulu on 02/12/10 07:37 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this for my wife who had been driving a van for 8 years. Got 32 mpg on first trip to visit daughter in college. Fun to drive in the snow up to our mountain cabin. Still feels like a luxury car to us. Wife wanted a BMW but really loves her Legacy. I love it too and hope to convince her to let me get an Outback. The headlights are weird in that they only light up the road right in front of you. There is a line of darkness that makes it dangerous on hills. Turning on the bright lights fix the problem so it's not a insurmountable problem. The dealer says they are aligned right and can't fix it. Subaru says they have had others people report this problem.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*