Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

A smart alternative to the Camry/Accord
By Chris A

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I shopped all of the competition in this segment before we landed at the Subaru dealership. Our primary requirements were comfortable and durable interior, respectable gas mileage, roomy interior and excellent safety ratings. This new Legacy delivered these in spades and the price was very competitive given its feature set. We were initially impressed with the styling, which we feel stands out nicely, but really fell in love with the roomy interior, well thought out use of space, split third row and very nice trunk (with no goose neck hinges). Given the price ($22K out the door for our 2.5i "Premium" model), we felt it was best in class - even after driving the new Sonata.

AWD, IIHS top pick, USB/iPod integration, trunk space, incredible leg room in all seating positions, thoughtful interior design. NVH control (the interior is very quiet, even on coarse pavement).

We added the normally dealer-installed "tweeter kit" and could not believe the difference it made. This really should be standard. Folding side mirrors. A few more ponies wouldn't hurt, although the CVT does a good job of managing what it has.

After one year
By Dave

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had the car for one year now. Very pleased with build quality and overall design. Recently completed a 500 mile trip. Averaged 37.6 mpg! That was at 70 miles per hour with the air conditioning on. I believe Subaru offers the best combination of room, comfort, quality, and economy in the sedan class with the added benefit of all wheel drive.

All wheel drive combined with fuel economy. Living in Michigan, the all wheel drive is appreciated. The heated seats are nice in the winter as well.

Steering does not provide as much feedback as I'd like. Folding mirrors. Improve front end appearance, it has an unfinished look.

Nice car but a couple of fine tune thing
By frenchguy007

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great ride, this is a driver's car. Love the 4 wheel drive system and the handling. Interior is very nice and the doors close like a Benz. Storage bin in the center console is really small for no reason (storage bin tapers smaller). Even though I have close to the top if the line model my satellite antenna is not on the roof but glued to the inside front glass (top passenger side). Give us a push start option on future models please.

Drive and handling. Looks more upscale than most in this segment.

Make storage areas as big as possible, don't make my almost top of the line car look so cheap by gluing the satellite antenna to the inside glass, put the antenna on the roof like all the other manufacturers.

Plain girls dance last
By RW

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

You're always hoping for the knockout looking girl to have on your arm or, in this case, the best looking/performing/reliable car to own. The Legacy is not the worst or ugliest but far from thrilling. Maybe that's what the manufacturer had in mind? The car lacks panache. My 2.5 engine is underpowered. It's okay for most daily driving chores but not thrilling to drive. The CVT is fine, handling is better than average, seats are 'okay'. Everything about the car is 'okay' but uninspiring. Then again when one ponies up less than $25K for a new car, what can one expect except what the Legacy provides? I'm okay with the purchase but far from a raving fan who can't wait to re-buy.

Awd of course. Were it not for awd, I doubt the car would have gotten my attention/consideration in the first place. CVT is nice and different as is the boxer engine. The paddle shifters are unique, sort of, but seldom used.

More POWER! The car hums along but has no real passing power with the 2.5 170 hp engine. I now see where Hyundai has a similar sized engine delivering about 200 hp and similar mileage ratings as the Subie. Why was Subaru sleeping on this issue?

Best Subaru ever
By subieluver

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my wife and my fourth Legacy. All have been exceptionally reliable and competent, but Subaru has hit the ball out of the park with the new car. Interior room on the 2010 is outstanding. No longer do you have to give up space to drive a Legacy. Also the CVT transmission is awesome on the highway. NO ONE makes an AWD car that will achieve the highway mileage like this Subaru. We were already sold on Subarus, this being our fifth, but in our first 6 weeks of ownership I can say we like this one best of all. All that remains to be seen is winter performance, but with all the Subaru AWD engineering under its belt, I doubt we'll have much to worry about when the white stuff starts.

Interior room, Extremely smooth tranny and ride Gas mileage for AWD car. Improved front and rear leg room over previous generation. The best sedan for the money on the road.

none