Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Impressed
By DaBoz

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Love this car! This is the finest AWD vehicle for the money you can purchase. While it does not have a lot of the bells and whistles of the higher priced competitors,check the price!.Honestly, I don't feel like I compromised anything in buying a less expensive car.The reality is that Subaru makes an awesome and reliable car with good performance and safety for a very reasonable price. This is my second Subaru and I will definitely buy another in the future. My wife drives a 2010 Acura TL and she always steals my keys. She likes the ride better and it gets awesome mileage with the CVT transmission, 27 MPG around town and 32 MPG on the highway. AWD at a reasonable price! Buy one!

Favorite Features

CVT transmission and subsequent mileage. The ride is excellent!

Suggested Improvements

Some more styling clues such as a rear trunk spoiler, mud flaps and body side moldings as a "sports option" would make it more aesthetically pleasing. Some of these are available as purchases after the fact however.

Dealerships issues
By CLT

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I like my Subaru Legacy. I have previously owned a Toyota Camry and this vehicle drives similar. However, the dealership here in Little Rock (Not where I purchased the vehicle) has made it very difficult to get the car serviced. No shuttle service, hours 7:30 - 5:30 M-F. If I had to do it again, I would purchase another Camry because of the service department convenience. Might be a nice vehicle to own but not easy to maintain - especially with 2 recalls already.

Favorite Features

BlueTooth

Suggested Improvements

Raise the passenger seat to be the same height as the driver's seat. It is about 2 inches lower and cannot be manually adjusted.

A smart alternative to the Camry/Accord
By Chris A

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I shopped all of the competition in this segment before we landed at the Subaru dealership. Our primary requirements were comfortable and durable interior, respectable gas mileage, roomy interior and excellent safety ratings. This new Legacy delivered these in spades and the price was very competitive given its feature set. We were initially impressed with the styling, which we feel stands out nicely, but really fell in love with the roomy interior, well thought out use of space, split third row and very nice trunk (with no goose neck hinges). Given the price ($22K out the door for our 2.5i "Premium" model), we felt it was best in class - even after driving the new Sonata.

Favorite Features

AWD, IIHS top pick, USB/iPod integration, trunk space, incredible leg room in all seating positions, thoughtful interior design. NVH control (the interior is very quiet, even on coarse pavement).

Suggested Improvements

We added the normally dealer-installed "tweeter kit" and could not believe the difference it made. This really should be standard. Folding side mirrors. A few more ponies wouldn't hurt, although the CVT does a good job of managing what it has.

After one year
By Dave

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had the car for one year now. Very pleased with build quality and overall design. Recently completed a 500 mile trip. Averaged 37.6 mpg! That was at 70 miles per hour with the air conditioning on. I believe Subaru offers the best combination of room, comfort, quality, and economy in the sedan class with the added benefit of all wheel drive.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive combined with fuel economy. Living in Michigan, the all wheel drive is appreciated. The heated seats are nice in the winter as well.

Suggested Improvements

Steering does not provide as much feedback as I'd like. Folding mirrors. Improve front end appearance, it has an unfinished look.

Nice car but a couple of fine tune thing
By frenchguy007

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great ride, this is a driver's car. Love the 4 wheel drive system and the handling. Interior is very nice and the doors close like a Benz. Storage bin in the center console is really small for no reason (storage bin tapers smaller). Even though I have close to the top if the line model my satellite antenna is not on the roof but glued to the inside front glass (top passenger side). Give us a push start option on future models please.

Favorite Features

Drive and handling. Looks more upscale than most in this segment.

Suggested Improvements

Make storage areas as big as possible, don't make my almost top of the line car look so cheap by gluing the satellite antenna to the inside glass, put the antenna on the roof like all the other manufacturers.