2010 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
First Subaru 2010 Legacy Premium
By natedog on 04/16/10 15:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First time owning a Subaru and we are very impressed. Have put 3,000 miles on it in a little over a month and we are averaging almost 30 mpg, 5 mpg better than our HHR and it is a bigger car with AWD. Very comfortable and rides and handles great. The only thing I don't like is the excessive engine noise in the 2.5 Liter engine. Other than that it is a great car.

So Far So Good
By Bob on 04/10/10 19:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my 2003 Subaru Baja for this car about one month ago and drove it about 950 miles. 35 to 37 mpg on the highway mileage amazes me. 18 mpg in the city is not much better than the '03 Baja's mileage. The new Legacy has more interior space and better seats than the old Baja. It also has more electronic controls and gadgets making it a little more difficult to operate. I like the ability to plug my iPod directly into the audio system. It also has fuel usage monitors not available on the '03 Baja. I hope the Legacy's reliability is as good as the 7 years of trouble free driving I had with the Baja.

brentwoodboy
By d tush on 04/03/10 05:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I formerly drove a 2006 Acura TSX, but needed more interior room to meet the needs of a growing 9 yr-old son whose legs were always invading my driving space! Bought the 2.5i Premium/4cl. with CVT in the silver/black leather, and I love the added space and nice build quality Subaru put into this affordable sedan. After 3 months and 4K, only real negative seems to be excessive engine noise and general sluggishness at low speeds. Not sure if that is a trade off with the CVT, or expected. Dealer told me they hear this comment often. I do miss the more nimble handling of my TSX, but enjoy the Legacy's roominess. A solid value for an AWD family sedan, indeed!

I was very impressed BUT NOW ...
By Eduardo on 03/29/10 14:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am checking back again with new news about my 2010 legacy and I'm a little disappointed. I love my car but a metal part (bracket) in the engine is rusting and I dont know why? I have put only 8,200 miles on it. I am devastated is anyone having same problem? Please let me know. The bracket will be replaced under warranty soon but I am a little worried something else may come up! I hope it ends here because I love my Subaru I really love its dynamic and secured handling plus the 30 mpg I m getting on the high way.

Legacy Limited
By Ray on 03/28/10 09:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had the vehicle only a couple of months now, but I am very happy with its overall quality, style, economy and reliability. Previously owned a Forester which was as reliable as the sunset. Expect similar results with this.

Initial impressions
By marvinlee on 03/15/10 11:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is an initial review at 104 miles of use. The car rides well, dealer prep was poor--the compass-mirror was not set to this region and tires were badly over-inflated. The dealer also failed to prevent this factory ordered car from being unnecessarily driven by dealership employees. Perhaps that is why it now has a slight piston slap in one cylinder. The manual explicitly states not to exceed 4000 RPM before 1000 miles. The H-K music system is excellent. The steering wheel tilt-telescope control is awkwardly positioned. Body gaps are larger than the car being replaced. The white paint appearance is excellent.

My first new car
By easypar on 03/12/10 11:33 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've put 3800 miles on mine in 4 months, a fair amount of that on the highway, and I've been pretty impressed. We've had an above average year for snow and the AWD has performed as advertised. I considered BMW and Infinity before settling on the Legacy, I just could not justify that high price for a car. I felt the Subie offered excellent value for the price paid. My wife was concerned that due to my history with bigger, torqueier engines that I might feel this one was underpowered but experience has not borne that out. I chose the black exterior because I hadn't owned a black car in 25 years and think they look nice WHEN CLEAN.

Adaptor
By JIM on 03/11/10 17:31 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my legacy the driving is fun and I hope it lasts me for years to come, the only problem I have is the adapters are blowing the fuses on my car - you can't plug in a gps or phone charger adapter. It blows the fuse they need an adapter that can take more power like the Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet. They are behind in that technology part. I was told it was very sensitive by the dealer after I bought the car.

I like it
By bmitchel on 03/10/10 11:39 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Went to the dealership looking to get a 2009 and fell in love with 2010. I am not a small guy over 6'2 and the car has enough room for me to comfortably drive and have a standard adult sitting behind me. I live in New England and AWD is a must. For the features and price there is no car like it on the market. My only issue is that if I don't have the key on me I have to go to the front seat to open the trunk. Most cars have some mechanism that if the doors are unlocked you can open the trunk

It's all in the mechanics
By garbageguts on 03/08/10 13:29 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

By chance I drove a 2009 Legacy and compared it with a my 2010. I was amazed at difference in handling characteristics between the two. The 2010 has a smooth yet in control feel along with good match between CVT and Boxer engine. The 2009 does not. For drive-ability the 2010 is great when cornering at > 40 mph. In the snow it beats hands down the Altima, Fusion, Accord and Camry.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Legacy in NJ is:

$244 per month*