2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Best Subaru ever
By subieluver on 06/12/10 19:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my wife and my fourth Legacy. All have been exceptionally reliable and competent, but Subaru has hit the ball out of the park with the new car. Interior room on the 2010 is outstanding. No longer do you have to give up space to drive a Legacy. Also the CVT transmission is awesome on the highway. NO ONE makes an AWD car that will achieve the highway mileage like this Subaru. We were already sold on Subarus, this being our fifth, but in our first 6 weeks of ownership I can say we like this one best of all. All that remains to be seen is winter performance, but with all the Subaru AWD engineering under its belt, I doubt we'll have much to worry about when the white stuff starts.

Horribly disappointed
By john on 06/11/10 19:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After years of Honda loyalty I cannot believe this clunker is how I satisfy my Subaru dream. Like numerous other posts I too experience the road drift at highway speeds as well as the vibration. My headliner has been replaced as has my barely mediocre radio due to defects. Occasionally my "new" radio will not turn on at all. The car often "slams" into reverse, and constantly hesitates from a dead stop. Car nearly stalls whenever I brake hard, idle, or turn the AC up to max, which is still inadequate and insufficient to keep my baby girl cool in the back seat. Local dealer attributes the RPM drop to strain on the electric system.Really. Expensive maintenance reduces value.

First Nine Months have been Great !
By Joe on 06/08/10 07:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I liked this car from the start, though I was looking for something more sporty. My interior needs centered around my family of four. The Legacy has plenty of room. Subarus are still iron clad reliable (we owned a '95 Impreza - and loved it). The east coast blizzards of 2010 put this baby to the test and she passed easily. I utilized the shift paddles throughout. In normal weather, I opt for the CVT and I can attest to the improved economy in this mode.

GREAT all-around car to own
By spiro morogiannis on 06/03/10 21:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my 2010 legacy now for 6 months, put just shy of 13k miles on it and I would have to say its been a great and very comfortable car to own. I do have a couple complaints however, i have had both front struts replaced under warranty due to leaking, and i feel that the cabin could be just a little quieter. If i could change one thing about the 2.5i, i would add another 15-20 hp, because it feels just slower than i would like. However, i average around 30 mpg mixed with my legacy, and i am completely thrilled with the mileage considering the size of the car, and it is one of the most comfortable and fun to drive vehicles I've ever owned. I highly rec this car, especially for the price

Very pleased
By Sam on 05/26/10 12:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a solidly-built, nicely styled car. Great gas mileage--significantly better than posted on the window sticker. Quiet cabin. Comfortable seating. Storage is well laid out, and though the trunk is considered average in size, the space is very accessible. Five stars all around on safety. The 2.5 engine provides comfortable performance for everyday driving, but will not snap your neck from a standing start. Not a bad trade-off, though, when I get well over 30 mpg on a road trip.

Awesome Car!
By KIM on 05/22/10 08:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this car about a month now. I knew I wanted my next car to be a Legacy and I'm not disappointed. I do not have ANY of the problems others mentioned. My car runs wonderfully, is very comfortable, and everyone thinks it's eye catching. I think some others should have thought more about the car they wanted before buying. Not everyone likes the same things obviously. But, in my opinion, if you want a sharp car that's dependable and comfortable - this is your car!

Satisfied Subie Owner
By Legacy Owner on 05/22/10 07:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased for $600 under invoice. Have just over 1.5K miles. Not quite as quick as previous car - 2002 Maxima SE 6spd, but more comfortable- great cruiser. Very comfortable, steering and road feel tremendous. HK sound system more than adequate.

2.5i Limited with Power Moonroof
By Pat on 05/15/10 11:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned the car since August and about 3000 miles later I hit a deer at highway speed. I am a female and was alone at the time. I've never hit an animal before let alone a deer. The crash ratings on the vehicle lived up to every expectation. The impact was the front end driver's side and fender. I couldn't open the drivers door and I thought the deer was out there dead, but alas he was gone. I was able to maintain control of the vehicle. I didn't hit anyone else and I did not get hurt. The vehicle crumpled as expected, the air bags did not go off as it did not hit all the sensors and the frame was not impacted. I have driven it 5500 miles since the accident and have had no issues.

A Great Value
By Bohunter49 on 05/15/10 06:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Subaru outdid itself with the 2010 Legacy. This car has a very solid feel to it. The CVT is smooth and responsive. I like the feel and the sound it has when accelerating. Much nicer than a conventional automatic transmission. We live in the "snow belt" so the AWD is a huge plus. The interior is roomy and sharp looking. We got the moonroof and all weather package, both nice options. So far we are very pleased with this car. Anyone looking for a "family" sedan should test drive one. This is a lot of car for the money.

A car with the shakes
By Peter on 05/12/10 17:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Car shakes over 60 mph, never felt anything like this in any car. So far disappointing they do not have a fix because they do not know the problem. This is BS, i thinks its the design and they dont want to spend the money to make their customers happy. Too bad without this problem it would be a better car than Honda or Toyota but ultimately it seems like Subaru has failed and will lose market share if they do not correct this problem

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*