2010 Legacy - It could have been great!
By John on
2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
This could have been a wonderful car. They had everything going for it except: It steers very poorly at interstate speeds. It tends to wander from side to side and never really has a tendency to just drive straight down the road. You have to constantly make small corrections in order to keep in your lane. And it is much worse in crosswinds. I have had it into the local dealer and of course they can find no fault with the car. It was out of alignment from the factory which they fixed. This is the first year Subaru has had drive by wire and they have not gotten it right. I have an 09 Forester which drives great, so I know they can make a good driving vehicle. Just not the 2010 Legacy.
Favorite Features
Quiet, except for the CVT whine. Looks great. AWD. Nice interior and exterior. Good fit and finish. The bluetooth is awesome and should be a requirement in all vehicles. I really really like this car except...... see above.
Suggested Improvements
Make it steer like the Forester does! I have seen many posts complaining about the steering so it is not just my vehicle. I recommend people wait to buy this vehicle until Subaru gets this fixed. Quiet the CVT whine. Nissan CVT does not whine like this. I have 1200 miles on it now.