Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

2010 Legacy Nice Car
By tsizzle

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the car new and have over 40K miles on it. Great gas milage especially on the hwy going 70-80 mph. - Averages 34 mi/gal. The ride is smooth both in the city and hwy. Very peppy. I have the upgraded radio which is nice. No problems at all. The car is very light but I feel safe. Great handling - almost impossible to loose control. It's a great car I plan to put alot of miles on. Love the paddle shifters on the steering column - I downshift alot instead of using brakes. Lots of trunk space. I use full synthetic oil and change it every 10K miles. I recommend this for a commuter car and have 2 boys 9 & 5. Very good for my lifestyle and budget.

Great Car for Tall Commuter in the Snow
By vtcommuter

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is perfect for a taller person who commutes in a snowy environment. This car gets good gas mileage (28mph at 75mpg on highway) considering it's AWD - which I like to have in Vermont. If you don't need the AWD you can do much better (toyota camry hybrid). Also, the handling is average. But for someone with my specific needs, this car is just perfect.

The interior is very comfortable. I'm 6'3" 200lbs, and just don't fit in most sedans. I was thrilled to find out how spacious this interior is. It's as comfortable for me as an SUV - and drives better.

Starting from parked, the catch point for the gears to kick in is unusual - more delayed than other automatics. This took some getting used to, but I don't notice it now.

Just Took Ownership of a 2010 Legacy - CPO
By almatti

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in out 2008 Mazda 3 s Touring for the Subbie. Their CPO program allowed us to make a great deal on a "new " Car with 7400 miles on it. 6 yr, 2.99% financing, 6 year - 100k Powertrain Warranty (I have 2 years remaining on the origional new car warranty). Takes getting used to the CVT, but after a couple drives, it works very well. Drives like a Bigger car for sure, pretty well planted. Handling could be a little tighter. The Premium package should have include the 17" wheels and wider tires (I will be doing that soon). Very roomy interior, decent Cloth seating, only fair stock radio.

AWD of the Subaru. One of the best, if not the Best AWD systems out there offering great mileage with AWD. I like the Paddle shifters but would have preferred that you could shift the shifter at the console in Manual Mode too. You can only use the paddle shifters in either mode. Ride is relatively quiet for a 4 banger which seems to supply pretty good torque for a heavy car at 3400 Pounds. I Like the Cold Weather Package - heated cloth setas, mirrors, and heated windshield wiper blades - never had that in any car I've owned. Highly 5 Star rated for Safety. Has a great turning diameter for a bigger car.

Option for HID headlights, Lane Change Blinkers in the Side view Mirrors, better standard Radio, Fog lights should be standard too.

Happy :)
By wmartini

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car rides well and is very comfortable for everyone in my family to drive- from 6'0 230 to 5'6 120. I really like the Engine/Trans. combination and the mileage for a full size AWD car is amazing. The 6 cylinder has more boogie but doesn't get the CVT trans. so the MPG is not as good and of course it's more money up front. If you don't care much about mileage and have the coin go with the 6- it's trans. is silky smooth and the extra power is sweet. That being said, the 4cyl and CVT is loosening up and car is getting much faster. I don't mind sacrificing speed for mileage at $3.10 plus a gallon!

Engine/CVT trans./AWD/MPG. Winter weather capability....

Get rid of that ridiculous MPG gauge and put in a temperature gauge. Include media hub in standard features. More power for the 4 cylinder- suggest 200HP minimum. The car is touted as AWD and should be equipped with factory tires with better snow/ice ratings.

amazing
By xhcxkid

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

by far a milestone of accomplishments. between the usefulness of the awd the improved gas mileage and the excellent handling I can't complain about this car

AWD